Exciting Opportunity to become the Founding Program Director for a New Psychiatry Residency Program in Idaho Falls!
Are you ready for the next chapter in your academic career? HCA has an opportunity for a founding Program Director to build a new Psychiatry Residency Program in Idaho Falls, ID to open in July of 2022. Preliminary plan is for 4 residents per year, with a full complement of 16 for the 4 year program. The Program Director is responsible for the leadership, organization, operation, and the general administration of the Psychiatry Residency Program. The Program Director will establish the strategic direction of the program and is responsible for its standards, quality and reputation. The Program Director will integrate the Psychiatry Residency Program into our already established GME foundation, physician practices, and hospital clinical services in a manner that enhances value and quality, and that promotes an optimal environment for medical education and professional practice. Currently our GME program has established outstanding Internal Medicine and Family Medicine residency programs.
This program will be based out of Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, the largest medical facility in the region, and is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital. EIRMC serves as the region’s healthcare hub, offering specialty services including cardiovascular surgery, leading-edge cancer treatment, trauma, neurosurgery, intensive care for adults and infants, and a helicopter and ground medical rescue service.
- Must be Board Certified by the ABPN or AOBNP
- Must have a minimum of 3 years post-residency participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited psychiatry residency program, (Core Faculty designation is a plus)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment., (Associate Program Director or previous Program Director experience a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team building skills
- Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
Hours and Compensation:
- Full time position with protected non-clinical Admin Time of 20 hours per week
- Employment by HCA with competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including 401K plan and more.
HCA is now the largest provider of Graduate Medical Education for Physician and Surgeons with over 250 academic programs educating over 3,900 residents and fellows nationwide. Building a network of innovative, patient-centered GME communities, the company maintains 56 teaching hospitals in 14 states with plans to grow existing programs and add new programs to accommodate as many as 7,000 residents by 2025.