TTUHSC El Paso - Transmountain and Tenet Healthcare have collaborated and built a new, 106 bed teaching hospital and academic medical office building in west El Paso. Both of which were designed to serve undergraduate medical education, and future resident physicians. The facility is designed to serve the healthcare needs of El Paso and Southern New Mexico, while also providing a world-class training facility for up to 100 medical residents across a multi-year program.
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
- Provides consultations and clinical services in outpatient and inpatient settings
- Maintains all applicable licenses, controlled substance registrations, board certifications, hospital privileges and third party payer enrollments in good standing
- Supervises residents and participates in teaching activities for medical students and/or residents
- Participates in research and/or scholarly activities
- Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations
- Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine's Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibility
- Board certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Regional or emerging national reputation for the rank of Associate Professor or Higher
- M.D. / D.O.
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program in Internal Medicine
- Licensed or eligible for an unrestricted medical license in the State of Texas
About El Paso
El Paso has been ranked one of the “50 Safest Metro Cities in America 2017’ by the SafeWise Report. Nestled between the Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande, city residents enjoy:
- 300 + days of sunshine a year
- Historic/cultural sites
- Biking, casinos, golf courses, shopping, fine dining, theatre, minor league baseball/soccer games
- International airport centrally located
- Affordable cost of living
- Area well known for the top ranked public and private schools
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.