Northeast Florida’s leader in neurological care is seeking a General Neurologist to join a rapidly-growing and highly-distinguished clinical team. Successful candidates will enjoy a balanced schedule providing an appealing blend of both outpatient and inpatient care. Focused on consultative general neurology, this key specialist opportunity is supported by a robust hospitalist program, skilled sub-specialists across the medical staff teams, the region’s largest primary care network and the comprehensive backing of a renowned tertiary facility featuring a 24-bed neuro critical care unit and one of the nation’s leading cerebrovascular programs.
THE STRENGTH OF OUR SYSTEM
- Baptist Neurology is a multi-disciplinary team providing both inpatient and outpatient neurology care across Northeast Florida as part of the Baptist Neuroscience Institute, a multi-specialty program spanning the spectrum of neurological conditions including stroke, neurophysiology disorders, epilepsy, MS, neuro-oncology, memory disorders, movement disorders, cerebrovascular disease and neurosurgical spine.
- Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville is home to Florida's only Neurologic Emergency Medicine Center, the comprehensive center features four floors solely dedicated to the care of neurologic patients including:
- Advanced neurosurgical operative suites with intraoperative MRI and CT capabilities
- Dedicated neuro-interventional suites with bi-plane imaging
- A dedicated 24-bed Neuro ICU under the medical leadership of Neeraj Neval, MD, Director of Neuro Critical Care and Inpatient Neurological Services
- 48 private patient suites for neurological conditions
Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville has earned the designation of Comprehensive Stroke Center and Gold Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission, signifying the highest level of stroke certification available.
- Baptist Neurological Institute provides a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services and is proud to be part of the Baptist Health system, the region’s most preferred health system since 1990, ranking highest in the categories of best doctors, best nurses, best quality and best reputation. Baptist Health specialty physicians enjoy the ability to build thriving and robust practices as part of the largest physician network in the region, including more than 250 primary care providers at the core of the health system. With five nationally-recognized hospitals and physician teams, Baptist Health offers physicians the opportunity for exceptional careers backed by renowned reputation, outstanding infrastructure and a patient-centered culture at the heart of our mission.
WORLD FAMOUS QUALITY OF LIFE
• Northeast Florida is alive with miles of beaches and waterways, professional sports teams, a strong economy, championship golf courses, exceptionally diverse cultural and recreational opportunities and abundant natural resources.
• The area serves as home to some of the best cost of living and quality of life experiences that the Sunshine State has to offer.
• Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for families of all ages.
• Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer