Core Faculty with Obstetrical Care – Family Medicine Residency Program
Mercy Health – St. Rita’s Medical Center, Lima, Ohio is seeking a Core Faculty member to support the program leadership in developing, implementing, and assessing curriculum. The successful candidate will serve as Core Faculty with option for FM OB/GYN in a program that began in 2019 and brought in the second class of 6 residents in 2020. We are a busy 424 bed regional referral center and level 2 trauma center with a catchment of 480,000+.
Mercy Health – St. Rita’s Medical Center, Lima, OH Core Faculty member will support the program leadership in developing, implementing, and assessing curriculum. Core Faculty member will have a significant role in the education and supervision of the residents and devote a significant portion of their entire effort to resident education and/or administration, and must as a component of their activities, teach, evaluate, and provide formative feedback to the residents. In addition, assess residents’ progress toward achievement of competence in the specialty. Core Faculty must exhibit broad knowledge of and involvement in the program, permitting evaluation of the program and completion of the annual ACGME Faculty Survey. Core Faculty members must be designated by the program director. In this role, you will serve as a Core Faculty FM OB/GYN member in a new 6/6/6 residency program.
- Previous teaching experience in an ACGME-accredited program or medical school preferred but not required
- Clinically active in Family Medicine
- Hold current ABFM or AOBFM Board Certification
- Maintain current medical licensure to practice medicine in the State of Ohio
- Currently hold or possess ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority
- Unrestricted credentials in FM department
- Commitment to providing high quality, evidenced based patient care to children, adults, prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, and newborn care
- Commitment to teaching medical students and training the resident physicians of tomorrow
- Demonstrated administrative and scholarly and research activity
- Work schedule includes a combination resident clinical supervision, personal direct clinical care, and administration of clinical duties and administration/resident education (GME-FM).
- Provide clinical supervision of medical students and residents in the inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Provide and supervise maternity care including following and delivering continuity obstetrical patients (must maintain privileges in vaginal deliveries)
- Teach didactics, contribute to curriculum development, simulation training, practice management and other innovative topics
- Regular rotation and resident evaluation/feedback via resident management system
- Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, conferences, and residency committees
- Pursue faculty development designated to enhance skills at least annually
- Core Faculty members must complete the annual ACGME Faculty Survey
- Participate in ACGME accreditation processes and Clinical Learning Environment (CLER) site visit(s)
- Serve as an advisor and role model of professionalism, quality and patient safety, foster own and resident well-being, educational goal setting, career planning, scholarship, and inpatient patient care based on practice-based learning and improvement efforts
- Pursue scholarly activities including presenting at scientific society meetings, participation in national committees and/or educational organizations, quality initiatives, publications, grants, etc.
For more information or to apply please email your CV to:
Physician & APC Recruitment
Mercy Health St. Rita's Medical Center