Full-time Core Faculty – Family Medicine Residency Program
Mercy Health – St. Rita’s Medical Center, Lima, OH is seeking a Core Faculty member to support the program leadership in developing, implementing, and assessing curriculum. Core Faculty member will have a significant role in the education and supervision of the residents and devote a significant portion of their entire effort to resident education and/or administration, and must as a component of their activities, teach, evaluate, and provide formative feedback to the residents. In addition, assess residents’ progress toward achievement of competence in the specialty. Core Faculty must exhibit broad knowledge of and involvement in the program, permitting evaluation of the program and completion of the annual ACGME Faculty Survey. Core Faculty members must be designated by the program director. In this role, you will serve as a Core Faculty member an option for FM OB/GYN in a new 6/6/6 residency program.
- Previous teaching experience in an ACGME-accredited program or medical school preferred but not required
- Clinically active in Family Medicine
- Hold current ABFM or AOBFM Board Certification
- Maintain current medical licensure to practice medicine in the State of Ohio
- Currently hold or possess ability to obtain a DEA with full prescriptive authority
- Unrestricted credentials in FM department
- Commitment to providing high quality, evidenced based patient care
- Commitment to teaching medical students and training the resident physicians of tomorrow
- Demonstrated administrative and scholarly and research activity
- Work schedule includes a combination 0.6 FTE resident clinical supervision (MHP), 0.2 FTE personal direct clinical care and/or resident clinical supervision (MHP), and 0.1 FTE administration of clinical duties (MHP) and 0.1 FTE administration/resident education (GME-FM).
- Provide clinical supervision of medical students and residents in the inpatient and/or outpatient setting.
- Teach didactics, contribute to curriculum development, simulation training, practice management and other innovative topics
- Regular rotation and resident evaluation/feedback via resident management system
- Regularly participate in organized clinical discussions, rounds, journal clubs, conferences, and residency committees
- Pursue faculty development designated to enhance skills at least annually
- Serve as an advisor and role model of professionalism, quality and patient safety, foster own and resident well-being, educational goal setting, career planning, scholarship, and inpatient patient care based on practice-based learning and improvement efforts
- Pursue scholarly activities including presenting at scientific society meetings, participation in national committees and/or educational organizations, quality initiatives, publications, grants, etc.
Physician & APC Recruitment
Mercy Health St. Rita's Medical Center