Kootenai Health is seeking a Medical Director of Hospital Medicine. This 0.4 administrative and 0.6 FTE clinical position reports to the Chief Physician Executive. The medical director will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans to grow and develop the hospital medicine service line to maximize effectiveness; facilitate integration and teamwork to ensure the highest level of care for patients while achieving quality and utilization objectives for the service lines; and responsible for ensuring services are performed in conjunction with the mission, vision and values of Kootenai Health.
These efforts include but not limited to the following areas:
- Participate in the ongoing planning and implementation of the hospital medicine service line to include vision, objectives, and strategies to be deployed over a time horizon determined by Hospital;
- Develop guidelines and evidence-based protocols that support hospital medicine development, growth and strategic initiatives;
- Serve as a leader, spokesperson, teacher, and mentor to members of the clinical care team and community, board and administration; including outreach activities;
- Foster relationships with referring physicians in the community and clinic multidisciplinary groups;
- Actively participate in recruitment and onboarding efforts for new physicians and advanced practice professionals for the Service Lin
Oversight and Quality Improvement:
- Acts as the hospital medicine physician representative, functioning as a role model for behavior, collaboration and evidence based best practice;
- Work collaboratively with hospital and clinic operations of associated clinical departments;
- Establish and reinforce behavior expectations, supporting open communication and collegial relationships throughout the hospital medicine service line;
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to enhance patient care and experience;
- Set goals, targets and measures that assess performance in pursuit of balanced accountability;
- Actively support and advise regarding optimization of the electronic medical record, especially related to physician interfacing;
- Actively support and advise regarding optimization of the utilization management, clinical document improvement, and hospital throughput initiatives, and aligning the hospital medicine service line with these initiatives.