Northern Light Mayo Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Board Certified or Board Eligible General Surgeon to join our team providing general surgery with good laparoscopic equipment.
- The Ideal candidate will have experience and interest in endoscopy..
- Procedures include: Hernias, gall bladders, appendectomies, and some colon surgery.
- Very minimal breast surgery (most go to Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor).
- More than 50% of practice is endoscopy: screening colonoscopy, surveillance colonoscopy, polypectomy and biopsies. EGD, biopsies.
- No significant interventional endoscopy (e.g. actively bleeding patients) unless the provider has those skills and wants to maintain.
- Lots of opportunity for skin cases – e.g. abcess care, skin cancer removal, lipomas, and cysts.
Why Northern Light Health?
- Robust compensation and benefits package
- Student loan reimbursement programs
- Relocation bonus
- Sign on bonus
- Flexible schedules and exceptional work/life balance
- Generous PTO benefits
- Leadership and teaching opportunities, if desired
Located in the scenic Maine highlands region, Northern Light Mayo Hospital provides advanced medical services to more than 26,000 residents in Piscataquis and adjacent Penobscot and Somerset counties. We are a 25 bed, non-profit, critical access hospital staffed with great nursing and clinical support and a team of primary care physicians and specialists including hospital-based inpatient physicians that provide 24/7 coverage, family practice, internal medicine, OB/GYN, pediatrics, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, and psychiatry.