St. Luke’s University Health Network, the region’s largest, most established health system, a major teaching hospital, and one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals is seeking a BC/BE fellowship trained Maternal Fetal Medicine physician to join our dedicated team of physicians providing outstanding patient care at St. Luke’s University Health Network.
Our Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is growing and currently has a presence at 8 hospitals, spans 2 states and directly impacts the health of hundreds of thousands of women and infants in our region each year. The successful candidate will join a vibrant Section of Maternal Fetal Medicine with outpatient and inpatient clinical consultative responsibilities. The section is currently staffed by 6 attending physicians with excellent ancillary support.
The interested applicant will have the opportunity to engage in an active research program which includes federally funded clinical trials and investigator-initiated studies. Our physicians participate actively in the education of medical students, residents and fellows and hold clinical faculty appointments at the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University with rank commensurate to prior accomplishments and experience.
- Our team consists of 91 OB/GYN Providers with strong AP support
- We currently have 24 OB/GYN Residents, 1 AAGL MIGS Fellowship and 5 Core Subspecialties
- AIUM accredited ultrasound practice
- 19 MFM sonographers including Fetal Echocardiography certified sonographers
- Two on site genetic counselors
- The most robust OB program in the region with a strong maternal and fetal medicine program which delivers more than 4,000 babies per year
- Multiple Pediatric subspecialists including Neonatology, Cardiology, Surgery, Nephrology, Dentistry, Psychiatry, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurology
- Total of 34 Level III NICU beds within the network
- Robust Diabetes and Pregnancy program, which manages all diabetic pregnancies within the network, including MFM physicians, nurse practitioner, diabetic educators and nutritionists
- Coverage of High-Risk Ob Clinic
- State of the art Labor and Delivery unit located in dedicated Women and Babies Pavilion opened in January of 2020
- Diverse work environment including office and hospital consultation, high risk pregnancy management, prenatal diagnosis and antepartum testing
- GE Healthcare National Show Site for Women’s Imaging
- Six office sites
St. Luke’s Obstetrics and Gynecology services are consistently recognized for providing superior clinical care. We have been named among America’s Top 100 Teaching Hospital by Truven Analytics, received the Women’s Choice Aware for being among Americas Best Hospital for Obstetrics and earned the Blue Distinction Center+ for Maternity Care Designation.
In joining St. Luke’s University Health Network you’ll enjoy:
- Exceptional compensation package, starting bonus, and relocation reimbursement
- Rich benefits package, including malpractice, health and dental insurance, CME allowance
- Team-based care with well-educated, dedicated support staff
- A culture in which innovation is highly valued
- Work/life balance and flexibility – generous time off plans
- Teaching, research, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
About St. Luke’s University Health Network
Founded in 1872, St. Luke’s University Health Network (SLUHN) is a fully integrated, regional, non-profit network of more than 16,000 employees providing services at 12 hospitals and 300+ outpatient sites. With annual net revenue greater than $2 billion, the Network’s service area includes 11 counties: Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Montgomery, Monroe, Schuylkill and Luzerne counties in Pennsylvania and Warren and Hunterdon counties in New Jersey.
Dedicated to advancing medical education, St. Luke’s is the preeminent teaching hospital in central-eastern Pennsylvania. In partnership with Temple University, St. Luke’s created the Lehigh Valley’s first and only regional medical school campus. It also operates the nation’s longest continuously operating School of Nursing, established in 1884, and 38 fully accredited graduate medical educational programs with 347 residents and fellows.
St. Luke’s is the only Lehigh Valley-based health care system with Medicare’s five- and four-star ratings (the highest) for quality, efficiency and patient satisfaction. St. Luke’s is both a Leapfrog Group and Healthgrades Top Hospital and a Newsweek World’s Best Hospital. In 2020, two of IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals were St. Luke’s hospitals. St. Luke’s University Hospital has earned the 100 Top Major Teaching Hospital designation from IBM Watson Health eight times total and six years in a row. St. Luke’s has also been cited by IBM Watson Health as a 50 Top Cardiovascular Program.
Utilizing the Epic electronic medical record (EMR) system for both inpatient and outpatient services, the Network is a multi-year recipient of the Most Wired award recognizing the breadth of the SLUHN’s information technology applications such as telehealth, online scheduling and online pricing information. St. Luke’s is also recognized as one of the state’s lowest cost providers.
About the Lehigh Valley
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, PA is home to Allentown, Bethlehem, and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs, parks, trails, and waterways. Steeped in pre-Colonial, early American, and industrial history, Lehigh Valley is bursting with nationally-recognized events, exciting nightlife, adventurous outdoor activities, and modern and contemporary arts. The region has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing economies in the nation, and is just a short drive away from major mid-Atlantic cities including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington D.C. Lehigh Valley is home to 11 colleges and universities that award more than 10,000 degrees annually and include prestigious private colleges, state universities, and two community colleges. Whatever your educational interests and needs, Lehigh Valley is a great place to learn.
For more information about the Lehigh Valley, please visit www.discoverlehighvalley.com
*Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor visas
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact:
St. Luke’s University Health Network