The role of the Surgery Program Faculty Member is to provide resident education & mentoring in line with the mission of Orange Park Medical Center General Surgery Residency Program.
* Board certified in general surgery. Prefer a surgeon with a fellowship thoracic surgery
* Must demonstrate a work history of positive, collegial relations with colleagues, support staff, hospital-based providers, administrators, and patients while providing effective care and resident education.
* Clinical: Round on inpatient Faculty service with residents and / or advanced practitioners team delivering high-quality patient care
* Participate in formal didactic sessions and provide lectures in area of expertise
* Participates in organized clinical discussions, journal clubs, rounds, and conferences
* Process Improvement: Participates in QI and Patient Safety meetings, provide mentorship and instruction to residents preparing QI or patient safety projects
* Administrative: Participates in Faculty meetings and other important section meetings as determined by Residency Program Director: willingness to serve on program committees such as, the Program Evaluation Committee and Clinical Competency Committee
* Education: Dedicate necessary time to the program and residents to fulfill supervision and teaching responsibilities. Provide residents with verbal and written formative feedback to residents
* Faculty Development: Attend formal faculty development sessions aimed at advancing skills as a medical educator
Why join an HCA- GME program?
HCA is the nation's leading provider in graduate medical education. At HCA, we believe in giving physicians what they need to succeed. By continuing to build a strong, dedicated community of care, we can help deliver even better patient outcomes. We believe in bettering both the lives of our patients and our physician partners
At Orange Park Medical Center, we are committed to quality care and a heightened focus on extraordinary service. Founded in 1974, Orange Park Medical Center has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider in northeast Florida. We are a full-service, acute-care hospital with 317 inpatient beds located in the heart of Orange Park, providing medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities. The hospital has 170 private rooms. There are nine labor, delivery and recovery room suites for new mothers and a seven-bed, Level-2 neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for premature babies and those born with special needs. There is also a 24-bed psychiatric unit, 20-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and 20 intensive care unit (ICU) beds.
With a population of 1.3 million people, a low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate, our region is one of the few places in the United States that is experiencing a growing population of young professionals; and trailing spouses are in luck because Forbes ranked Jacksonville in the "Top 10 Best U.S. Cities to Find a Job." Jacksonville was ranked in the top 10 of Mobility magazine’s "Best Cities for Relocating Families." Families are able to choose from a variety of top-ranked K - 12 schools and excellent colleges and universities for their children. Northeast Florida is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, featuring 90 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the majestic St. Johns River. A short drive southeast from Memorial Hospital is Ponte Vedra Beach, home of the PGA Tour and The Players Championship (TPC) which are played at TPC Sawgrass, home of the famous 17th-hole island green. Here you will also find elegant shopping and fine dining as well as some of the highest sand dunes in Florida! Top rated beach clubs from the Lodge and Club to the Cabana Club make living here fun and exciting. Enjoy playing golf, playing tennis or other popular sports such as wakeboarding, surfing, waterskiing and boating. Another short drive northeast from Orange Park Medical Center is Amelia Island. This was Florida’s first luxury tourist destination. Amelia Island is named among the top 10 North American islands by Conde Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice Awards for seven consecutive years and is also recognized as a Top 25 Island in the World!
Jacksonville is the largest city in the US landwise. It is the largest deepwater port in the south and second largest on the US east coast. Jacksonville also has one of the largest military presence in the country, especially the US Navy. Jacksonville has over 500 diverse neighborhoods and you can choose to live in an almost rural environment, the heart of the city or near or on the beach. Average temperature in the winters runs in the 60s and lows in the 40s. This is a great city for year round outdoor activities! Jacksonville is also home to the NFL Jacksonville Jaguars and the professional soccer team Jacksonville Armada!