Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is seeking a dynamic Medical Director for our Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine Program!
A unique and essential role within the system and supporting our community, the Medical Director provides operational and administrative services for the three Wound Healing and two Hyperbaric Medicine Centers located within the Inova Heath System, with primary support through Inova Mount Vernon Hospital. A portion of the Medical Directors time is dedicated to the delivery of direct patient care in the Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine Program. The Medical Director is responsible for clinical direction of the Wound Healing and HBO Centers as well as for the development, implementation, and oversight of policies and procedures as they apply to the provision of wound care services. In partnership with the responsible Administrator, the Medical Director: identifies strategies, plans, and budgets for the Wound Healing Center, and establishes benchmarks for the successful delivery of wound care services.
• Licenses as a physician in the Commonwealth of Virginia
• Board Certified by an appropriate specialty board and has extensive knowledge and experience in the administration of HBO Therapy Services and the delivery of Hyperbaric oxygen therapy to all relevant patient populations.
• Board certified in hyperbaric medicine (preferred)
• Special training and certification in Advanced Trauma Life Support and cardiac resuscitation.
• Completion of a UHMS approved 40 hour course in Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
• A high level of interpersonal skills to allow effective communications with a wide variety of hospital personnel, physicians, and the general public.
• Significant hospital based wound care and hyperbaric medicine experience and expertise.
• Documented interest and experience in wound care and hyperbaric medicine education and research, including lecturing and participation in internal clinical and administrative peer review literature.