The Pediatric Advanced Care Team at Atrium Health Levine Children’s Hospital is seeking a Program Director to strengthen the Division of Pediatric Palliative Care. Candidates with 5+ years of experience are preferred. Opportunities for program growth include developing a more structured outpatient presence, assisting in the formalization of a pediatric pain team, enhancing bereavement support, and promoting quality improvement endeavors. Board certification in Hospice and Palliative Medicine is required.
- The well-established team includes a physician, pediatric nurse practitioner, nurse coordinator, and social worker.
- Currently, the team does primarily inpatient work with some ambulatory visits for pre-transplant evaluations, prenatal consults, and occasional pain management consults for pediatric oncology.
- Well integrated throughout Levine Children’s, including strong relationships with PICU, CVICU, NICU, BMT, and heart transplant teams.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with pastoral care, clinical child life services, and music therapy.
- Excellent working relationship with three hospice organizations, two of which also provide home palliative care.
- Participation in resident education.
- Additional opportunities exist for, community engagement, and philanthropy.