First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking to employ two (2) experienced Nocturnists in the Medical Hospitalist division to join their successful employed physician group starting in January 2022. We are located on the West Coast of Florida in the highly desirable city of Sarasota. The area is known for the arts, great restaurants, nationally recognized beaches, excellent schools and a wide variety of activities for all ages.
First Physicians Group is Florida's Gulf Coast leader in primary and specialty care with an impressive 26-year history in the community. With 270+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in 30 different specialties and 42 practice locations, it is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
The Medical Hospitalist group is known for their excellent teamwork and fun working environment. They are the fastest growing group in FPG with almost 50 physicians and APPs. In November 2021, SMHCS will open a new 110-bed acute-care hospital in Venice, Florida and a 56-bed Cancer Institute on the campus of the main hospital. Both will require the involvement of the Medical Hospitalist group once each facility opens.
Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida and one of just 52 across the nation to maintain their top rating since 2016. It has been named among the Top 100 Hospitals in US, the top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in US in 2021, and it received an "A" Grade for Patient Safety in 2020. Additionally, it has been named a U.S. News High Performer in 2020-2021.
Highlights of the position include:
- Shifts are 7 P.M. - 7 A.M. and Nocturnists work 179 shifts per year (flexible schedule).
- Nocturnists are supported by Advanced Practice Providers who handle floor calls under their supervision. Physician covers admissions and urgent consults averaging nine (9) patient encounters per shift. Patient encounters may increase with seasonal fluctuations.
- ICUs are covered by Intensivist. No procedures.
- Hospital has Rapid Response Team to run codes.
- 3+ years of experience required.
- Physician must be Board Certified in Internal Medicine.
- Competitive salary plus a bonus for achieving productivity and quality metrics.
- Full array of benefits – CME, Health, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, and much more.
- Relocation Allowance will be provided.
- Licensed in the State of Florida is required but we will accept CVs from physicians interested in applying for a FL license.
- We are a not-for-profit organization. Physicians can participate in the PSLF program if employed by FPG.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity
Please contact Lana Griffin, Provider Recruiter, if you would like more information about this opportunity.