This is an excellent opportunity for a BC/BE Neurologist committed to a multi-disciplinary team approach to patient care. This is an inpatient opportunity, caring for stroke and general neurology patients at our Time Sensitive Emergency Level 1 (Comprehensive) Stroke Center, located in Naperville, IL; just 30 miles west of downtown Chicago. The Neuro-Hospitalist will join a team of board certified neurologists who work closely with expert neurosurgeons and neurovascular interventional radiologists to provide specialized, comprehensive care for patients with brain, nerve and spinal disorders.
- Join a collegial group of (9) Neurologists, (3) Neurointerventionalists (3) Neurosurgeons, (5) Advanced Practice Providers, and (1) Neurointensivist
- Full Time, inpatient
- Neuro Intensive Care Unit staffed by registered nurses specially trained in care of the brain and spine
- Average 20-30 patients per day
- Cross covering patients and seeing admits from the ED
- Neurodiagnostic services including EEG, EMG and sleep lab
- Pain Management available onsite
- 7 On / 7 Off Schedule
- Successful completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency-training program in Neurology
- Market competitive compensation
- EMR: EPIC
- Excellent Benefits Package: Malpractice Coverage with Tail, Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability, 401(k), 457 (b), Flexible time off; vacation, CME/PHONE Allowance, Fitness Center Membership, etc.
- Edward Hospital rated #1 in the region by the National Research Corporation
- Designated Stroke Center of Excellence & Advanced Primary Stroke Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Joint Commission DNV-GL.
- Magnet hospital for Nursing Excellence
Naperville, IL, just 30 miles west of downtown Chicago; is an affluent community known for its excellent school system, low crime rate and offers a variety of housing options. Naperville has a great community atmosphere and a charming downtown with an abundance of shopping, cultural activities, fine dining and a beautiful river walk. There are two Metra train stops located in Naperville for convenient access to and from Chicago.