General Surgeons are responsible for providing medical, surgical, and postoperative management in the nine primary components of surgery. General surgeons will work in collaboration with other medical specialties to assess and manage patients following established standards and practices. This position will primarily work in our Northern Region campus providing general surgery with a high volume of endoscopy.
- Physician must have 40 patient contact hours per week; this will be a blend of hospital rounding, procedure block time and scheduled clinic visits including charting of patients and other necessary administrative duties, recognizing that the minimum requirement may fluctuate up and down based on direct patient care.
- Primary clinic work location will be in Madras with after hours and weekend call coverage being consolidated to St. Charles Redmond.
- Physician will participate in the Redmond hospital trauma and clinic call rotation, which is shared equally by all physicians in the Surgical Specialist group based on FTE allocation. Currently the call expectation is a 1:6.5 rotation.
- EPIC EMR platform
- Competitive Salary
- Five weeks of clinic time off upon hire
- $4,250 annual CME Allowance
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision and retirement benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Examines, diagnoses, and provides a broad scope of surgical treatments including endoscopy.
- May perform emergency procedures including endotracheal tube intubation, tube thoracotomy, pericardiocentesis, ultrosonographic evaluation, and peritoneal lavage.
- Current ATLS certification required
- We are unable to accept J1/H1B Sponsorships at this time
About St. Charles:
St. Charles Health System is a private, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the vision of creating America’s healthiest community, together. With four hospitals, 31 clinics and 275 employed providers, St. Charles Health System is the largest provider of health care in Central Oregon.
St. Charles Bend is Oregon's only Level II Trauma Center east of the Cascades. Our medical centers in Bend, Redmond, Madras and Prineville are accredited by The Joint Commission. More than 800+ medical staff members make it possible for St. Charles to deliver a wide range of excellent care in a compassionate, healing environment.
About Central Oregon:
The Central Oregon high desert is an abundant oasis for outdoor adventurers of all types. Whether you like to hike, paddle, cycle, fish, golf, ski or hunt, the incredible diversity that the High Desert offers is extraordinary. To top it off, this diverse wonderland provides an average of 300 days of sunshine per year. With over 31 craft breweries, award-winning restaurants and an abundance of entertainment options, you’ll surely never run out of things to do. Central Oregon has a laid-back vibe that is family friendly and focused on work-life balance. Our schools continuously receive high ratings and OSU-Cascades and Central Oregon Community College are two big perks for residents looking to encourage their children to pursue higher education without leaving the sunshine and pine-scented air. Additionally, Central Oregon boasts a wonderful regional airport located in nearby Redmond.