Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) in Little Rock, Arkansas seek a full-time board eligible/certified Pediatric Critical Care Physician to join as a faculty member in an academic practice.
- Faculty appointment at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at the Assistant or Associate Professor level.
- Competitive salary and benefits package along with robust faculty mentoring program and multiple available tracks for promotion and/or tenure including Clinical Attending, Clinician-Educator and Clinician-Scientist with P & T eligibility after 5th year.
- Immediate availability with early summer starting date.
- Join an established practice with a faculty of 14 physicians, 1 surgical intensivist, 4 APRN’s, 1 PA, and 7 fellows at Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Position will staff a 26-bed high acuity medical/surgical pediatric intensive care unit with approximately 1500 annual admissions.
- Service has an active ECMO program and operates the ACH Sedation Team.
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital has the only level one pediatric trauma center in the state and has a busy pediatric transport program.
- J1 Waivers available.
PRACTICE IS BASED AT ARKANSAS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL:
- Only pediatric health system in Arkansas. With a population of 2.8 million, ACH is the major pediatric referral center for Arkansas serving children from birth to age 21.
- Staff consists of more than 500 faculty, 200 residents (95 pediatrics), and 4,400 support staff.
- As one of the largest children’s hospitals in the country, the ACH campus spans 36 city blocks and includes a 336-bed hospital, 4 intensive care units, a research institute, and a USDA-ARS nutrition center.
- Focused on excellence in child health, ACH is a MAGNET recognized hospital, a level 1 children’s surgery center, and is ranked in 4 specialties by US News and World Report.
- Little Rock metro area has a population range of 700,000
- The downtown River Market, South Main and Argenta (North Little Rock) areas provide a walking district for dining, shopping, sports, museums, libraries, night life, concerts, festivals and a host of other activities.
- Thriving community with many neighborhood options to suit a variety of lifestyles with excellent public and private school options.