Division Chief, Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an experienced Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine physician-leader for our Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Division
The Successful candidate will:
- Lead our group of 20+ pulmonary & critical care physicians and providers across our academic medical center and 3 community hospitals.
- Lead and expand the clinical, research, and educational activities of the Division in a way that contributes to the mission and goals of the organization. The position reports to the Chair of Medicine.
- Expand the clinical programs of the Division to support our tertiary care growth and the care of patients in our Medicaid and Medicare ACOs.
- Oversee the clinical, administrative, quality and safety, and recruitment activities of the Division.
- Partner with other stakeholders in the delivery of care for the pulmonary and/or critical care patients.
- Oversee the educational activities of the Division including both a Critical Care fellowship and Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship.
- Grow the current research portfolio of NIH and industry supported trials.
- 5+ years’ pulmonary & critical care experience with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department.
- Strong record of collaboration; must possess the ability to engage a broad base of stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.
- Academic record consistent with appointment at the Professor or Associate Professor level at UMMS-Baystate.
- ABMS board certification in pulmonary & critical care.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.