Essen is currently seeking a Neurologist Physician. Our dedicated and compassionate team of professionals come from culturally diverse backgrounds and they share the common vision of providing our outpatient population with the best primary and preventative health care available.
- Full-time and Part-time Schedules
- Comprehensive Pay Structure
- Access to multiple Physician Specialties
- Hospital and community-based positions available
- Culture passionate about improving access to healthcare
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Fellows and Practicing physicians welcome
- Clinical Assistant Provided
- Geriatric and Adult Patient population
- Loan repayment available
- Visa sponsorship available
The selected candidate will be responsible to perform daily Neurology Physician duties including but not limited to:
- Diagnose complex medical problems by referring to a patient’s history, examining them and conducting neurological tests.
- Counsel patients on neurological disorders and its background.
- Order neurological tests and interpret the results of neuroimaging studies.
- Prescribe and/or administer treatment and medication.
- Order supportive care services for patients.
- Perform physical and neurological examination of patients who are suffering from neurological disorders
- Order diagnostic tests such as blood tests, spinal fluid tests, and imaging tests such as MRIs
- Diagnose conditions and disorders based on physical and cognitive exams, and test results
- Develop treatment plans, and manage and adapt treatment of patients depending on progress
- Communicate treatment plans and home care instructions to patients
The successful candidate will have the following Qualifications:
- Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor Osteopathy
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Accreditation with the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN).
- Specialty training in an accredited neurology residency program
- Active License
- Current New York State Medical Practitioner License
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration, for prescription writing.
- Urgent Care or Emergency Department experience
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus, but not a requirement
Founded in 1999, Essen provides care in all five boroughs of New York City, with a primary focus in the Bronx. Staffed by over 300 primary and specialty care physicians and advanced clinicians, Essen Health Care is one of the largest, most comprehensive private medical groups in New York City. Essen maintains a Clinical Information Services team that maintains our enterprise-wide electronic medical record system, data repository, clinical analytics and population health capabilities. Our Community Services teams creates and sustains relationship with community organizations and agencies and health plans.
Essen is dedicated to ensuring the quality of care for all patients and has been designated ‘Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home’ by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. Essen has won awards for its patient care innovations and recently launched Intention Health Ventures to develop and commercialize our technology innovations.
Essen Health care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically diverse population.