For free help with your job search, call (800) 776-8383
Medical Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Southside Community Hospital in Farmville, VA
Centra Health Southside is in Farmville, Virginia and is seeking a board-eligible or board-certified for an OB/GYN Medical Director. Farmville is located between Richmond, VA and Lynchburg, VA.
Enjoy a high quality of life with affordable cost of living as Medical Director of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Farmville, VA. We are looking for a leader to build an evidence-based, patient-driven, community invested team, where our physicians are family, not co-workers. Our Just Cause, “partnering with you to live your best life” applies to our patients and our providers. It drives our goal of being a safe place where you will be happy to come to work and where you know you can lean on your colleagues for support. Located one floor below labor and delivery and the OR, CMG Southside Women's Center is a collaborative practice of physicians, nurse practitioners and nurse midwives.
YOU CAN EXPECT
• Flexible call - supplemented by OB Laborist coverage
• Primary call/labor and delivery coverage by experience CNMs
• Newly renovated, spacious clinic within house ultrasound and lab
• Remote and 2x monthly on-site consultation with University of Virginia (UVA) MFM Service
• daVinci® Surgical System access and Level II NICU with neonatal transport team (1-hour drive)
• Pediatrician available for births
• Collaborative opportunities with FQHC and community providers
Medical Director Benefits
• Excellent compensation package
• 90% clinical practice and 10% dedicated admin time
• $20,000 in upfront bonuses
• Up to $100,000 student loan repay
• $15,000/year satellite location bonus
• $10,000 relocation reimbursement
• $7,500 + 5 Days per year for CMEs
• Medical, dental, vision, long-term, disability and malpractice insurance
OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM
Centra Southside Community Hospital is a 116-bed, full-service acute care facility in Farmville, Virginia serving as a medical hub for an eight-county region. Founded in 1927, the Prince Edward County facility has approximately 4,000 admissions each year and sees more than 20,000 patients through its emergency department. Centra Southside Community Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility committed to meeting the needs of the community through quality cost effective healthcare, delivered by a progressive, well-trained medical staff and an efficient, friendly workforce.
Farmville - Home Longwood University & Hampden-Sydney College, combined with the heartbeat of our historic Farmville Downtown Main Street District, Farmville, Virginia, population 7,872, has become known as the "College town wrapped in traditional downtown." Farmville residents benefit from low taxes and affordable housing, which range from architectural gems to rural homesteads.
Lynchburg - Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It’s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The area also provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather.