The Carson Tahoe Cancer Center, an Affiliate of Huntsman Cancer Institute, University of Utah, is currently seeking a highly skilled and qualified medical Hematologist/Oncologist to join our comprehensive cancer care center. Our 35,000 square foot freestanding facility in Carson City, Nevada includes full-time medical and radiation oncology practices, an ambulatory infusion center with stunning views of the Eagle Valley, and extensive support services. Additionally, Carson Tahoe’s comprehensive Breast Center, located inside Sierra Surgery, offers patients a seamless integration of preventive, diagnostic, imaging and surgical services in support of early detection and treatment of breast cancer. For those who need additional healing and medical support,
The successful candidate must be BE/BC in hematology oncology and committed to excellence in patient care. Primary responsibilities will include clinical care, research involvement and ability to build your own diverse patient panel. Candidates will be responsible for continued growth and expansion of the Carson Tahoe Cancer Center, working in a multidisciplinary approach with colleagues in numerous other specialties within Carson Tahoe Health and the Carson Medical Group.
- Outpatient clinical practice with inpatient consult responsibilities (telephone call only)
- Inpatient oncology services managed by hospitalist service
- Full-service infusion center and therapeutic radiology on site
- Team based care with care managers, nutritionists and nurse navigators available
- Outpatient and inpatient palliative care team support
- Signing bonus and relocation available
- Competitive salary + full benefits + flexible schedule
The Cancer Center has received accreditation by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer, which signifies the highest standards of excellence when it comes to cancer healing and treatment, intervention, support and after-care. In addition, the Cancer Center’s acclaimed cancer program received commendations for high standards by the commission in key areas such as clinical trials, treatment quality, and tumor registry.
Interested candidates, please include a current CV and cover letter with your application