Seeking a driven BC/BE Radiation Oncologist to join established Radiation Oncology practice!
- ACGME or AOA accredited residency training program in Radiation Oncology
- Current certification or eligible for certification in Radiation Oncology by the American Board of Radiation or by the American Osteopathic Board of Radiology
- Treatment techniques: IMRT, VMAT, SBRT, SRS
Highlights of the opportunity include:
- Private practice, in the established SIH Cancer Institute
- Several Multidisciplinary Tumor Boards (breast, lung, GI and GU)
- 7 radiation therapists
- 2 physicists
- 2 nurses
The SIH Cancer Institute located in Carterville, IL is the answer to an unmet need in southern Illinois. The Region's only comprehensive community cancer center was awarded in 2015 an Outstanding Achievement Award by the Commission on Cancer. Their goal is to offer the expertise of specialty trained physicians and cutting edge technology while easing the burden of the cancer journey with compassionate dedicated professionals. The 43,000 square-foot center brings together specialty physicians, specialized allied practitioners and technology at a comprehensive freestanding outpatient facility, and provides multidisciplinary clinics in one location to streamline cancer diagnosis, planning and treatment.
Services at SIH Cancer Institute include medical oncology, radiation oncology, oncologic surgery, supportive care, specialty clinics, clinical trials, infusion center, nurse navigation, survivorship, psychosocial support, cancer rehabilitation, spiritual care, financial counseling and data management. The center imparts a soothing atmosphere with a light-filled environment, comfortable waiting areas, family and community meeting space, patient library, coffee shop, resource center, healthy café and healing gardens. SIH Cancer Institute currently has six (6) investigators on the Heartland NCORP, the largest cooperative clinical trial group in America. They are proud to be a part of the Siteman Regional Cancer Task Force & the BJC Collaborative.
SIH Cancer Institute's parent organization is Southern Illinois Healthcare; operating as a service of Memorial Hospital of Carbondale.
Forward-thinking and financially strong, SIH prides itself in fostering leaders, promoting teamwork, and providing quality care coordination and transitions. Our passionate and strategic administration, alongside our friendly, skilled, and patient-focused staff, work together to cultivate a supportive and positive working environment.
- SIH is not-for-profit and the largest provider of charity care and community benefits in southern Illinois
- Region's largest and most accomplished healthcare system with over 3,800 employees including over 300 employed providers
- Physician engagement surveys analyze our opportunities and focus our actions for improvement
- System-wide Epic EMR
- 350,000 patient population
- Free, on-site hospital and clinic parking
About Our Community
- Friendly community atmosphere
- Diverse population
- Surrounded by state parks and national forest
- Recreation including lakes, hiking, rock climbing, cycling paths, golf courses, breweries and dozens of wineries
- Home of Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Live music, performing arts, and numerous outdoor festivals
- Short drive to metropolitan/urban areas including: St. Louis, Nashville and Chicago
- Quality educational opportunities in public and private schools
- Experience the beauty of all four seasons
- Reasonable cost of living