HCA Healthcare’s JFK Medical Center is seeking experienced core faculty for the internal medicine residency program.
- Board certified in internal medicine
- Strong academic experience and willing to do inpatient and outpatient work
- Maintain the content and quality of the applicable curriculum for the Residents
- Organize and monitor the scheduling of the clinical experience for the Residents
- Complete required Resident evaluations during the clinical experience including all requested competency assessments, through the evaluation process as required by the Program Director or Vice President of Graduate Medical Education, which may include New Innovations (the residency data management system) if such system is available at the Facility
- Review the In-training exam results for the trainees to determine which areas in the respective subspecialty need to be modified and augmented to assure adequate training
- Participate as an active faculty member in the Program as required by the Program Director and governing Institutional Policies, which may include attendance at: a) monthly educational faculty meetings; b) Journal Club; c) Morbidity and Mortality conference; d) participate in required faculty development; e) board preparation review courses; (f) participate in Annual Program Review as requested by the Program Director; and (g) oversee Morning Report as requested by the Program Director
- Participate in weekly Grand Rounds, if applicable
- Supervise residents in Facility's outpatient clinic, if applicable
- Participate and/or develop skills/simulation curriculum as needed or per the request of the Program Director
- Participate in medical student interviews/recruiting at the request of the Program Director
- Time spent performing direct patient care is not counted toward the didactic teaching hours in this Agreement
- 50% in-patient and 50% out-patient work
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Affiliate Faculty appointment in the Department of Medical Education at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Impressive compensation package
- Comprehensive corporate benefits package including health and 401k
- Occurrence based malpractice insurance
- No state income tax
About JFK Medical Center – Main Campus:
- 558-bed acute care medical and surgical facility
- Over 1,200 medical staff providers, 2200 healthcare professionals and 300 volunteers
- 24-Hour Emergency Services, Cardiovascular Care, Cancer Care, Breast Care, Neurosciences, Stroke Care, General, Minimally Invasive & Robotic Surgery, Orthopaedic Care, Spine Care, Bariatrics, Sleep Disorders, Wound Management, and Behavioral Health.
- JFK Medical Center Palm Beach GME Consortium offers comprehensive training accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) in the specialty of Internal Medicine and General Surgery.
- The program is a young, energetic group of physicians who have a wonderful working relationship and are looking forward to adding a new team member.
Built in 1959, the City of Atlantis, Florida, is located in Palm Beach County. Palm Beach County is bigger than whole states (Rhode Island and Delaware), which means we have lots of room to play. From wild animal encounters to water slides to epic mini-golf courses, you don’t have to be a kid to enjoy the seemingly endless activities and attractions in The Palm Beaches. The Palm Beaches are a favorite destination for PGA champions with over 160 golf courses including The Champion, Breakers Ocean Course, and the PGA National Resort and Spa.