ProMedica Senior Care (formally known as Heartland) is recruiting for a Team Physician to join its outstanding hospice team in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This is a great opportunity to broaden your career and make a meaningful impact on patients, families, and your community during this critical moment in people’s lives. This is a contracted hospice physician role, thus it can be supplementary to your current practice and responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate has at least three years previous experience working with geriatric patients and a background in hospice, palliative, family, internal, emergency, or geriatric medicine or a related field. We welcome any qualified physicians, including new/recent graduates, as comprehensive training and support will be provided to help the candidate become a hospice expert.
The Hospice Team Physician is responsible to provide administrative, management, and medical services required to ensure the adequacy and appropriateness of the care rendered to hospice clients. This includes supervising the delivery of services provided by the employed hospice Nurse Practitioners in their given agencies, and offering advice, service, and consultation in person, by telephone, and through written reports and statements in accordance with currently accepted professional standards and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Currently licensed as a physician to practice medicine in the state.
- May be Board Certified in a related specialty and have expertise in the medical care of terminally ill individuals.
- Palliative Care and Hospice certification is not required but welcomed.
- Must have an unrestricted DEA License and be able to prescribe Level 2 Narcotics
- Holding staff privileges at a Medicare Certified hospital is preferred.
- Must be a participating Physician with Medicare/Medicaid