Join a Collegial Practice Where you Will Thrive
As an advanced practice provider (APP) with Sound Physicians, you will work in an environment that promotes the Sound Core Values of integrity, teamwork, service, quality, and innovation enjoying a sustainable career with programs consistently staffed to levels that facilitate a manageable workload for our hospital teams. At Sound Physicians, we recognize the value that you bring when you are empowered to work at the top of your license. We invest in robust onboarding and training as you assimilate into a new role at a new hospital. We support you to provide the excellent care you long to give each patient through ongoing professional development and ongoing feedback on your clinical performance.
Requirements of Advanced Practitioners
- 15-bed, freestanding ED; Part of the Montefiore Health System
- Volume of ED – 37,000
- No call environment
- Part-time option available
- Access SoundInstitute™ learning platform for continuing education and professional career development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
The Sound Physicians' emergency medicine leadership recognizes the medical team as key to the success of our hospital partnerships. The clinical onboarding of all our nurse practitioners and physician assistants is a coordinated process that recognizes the skill level of the APP based on a tiered approach to their clinical experience. While the EM APP onboarding program is standardized, it is guided and overseen at the site level by site-specific leaders.
- Collaborate with fellow APPs and physicians in managing a thriving and very busy ED
- Opportunity to mentor NP/PA students that rotate through the ED and also learn procedures if that is of interest
- ACLS/BLS/PALS required
- Current, unrestricted license in NY with at least 2 years of emergency medicine experience required