NEUROLOGY MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where our clinicians enjoy a high degree of autonomy with the support of a responsive, physician-led administration.
Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality — the top rating given.
Asante is seeking a Medical Director to lead Asante’s outpatient Neurology program in Medford, OR. This position will be a practicing general Neurologist with previous Neurology site Medical Director experience (2-5 years) who leads the team that provides general and neuromuscular outpatient Neurology care in Medford and Grants Pass, OR. Our Neurologists provide coverage to Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center and Asante Three Rivers Medical Center. This position is 90% clinical and 10% administrative.
Medical Director shall provide the following services:
- Provides medical leadership to both Medford and Grants Pass outpatient Neurology clinics.
- Works to integrate neurology-related services into the larger medical systems in order to maximize efficiency and quality.
- Works collaboratively with designated medical leaders, other directors, and senior management to develop and further the vision and strategies of neurology-related services including inpatient services .
- Communicates clear expectations of results to physicians and assists with the resolution of complex issues and problems.
- Participates in the implementation of quality assurance and utilization review with program managers.
- Assures a dynamic and comprehensive educational program that meets community and neurology care team needs.
- Acts for the medical staff in emergency matters regarding patient care in the absence of attending staff.
- Ensures effective communication among medical, nursing, and administrative staff.
- Works cooperatively with clinical directors of neurology-related programs, including emergency, nursing and stroke services.
- Consults with clinical director in addressing ethical and/or legal issues related to consult services and/ or specific patient care.
- Consults with professional staff and referring physicians regarding care and treatment of referred patients.
- Follows department procedure regarding clinical chart entries and communicates results of findings to ordering physician.
- Monitors Continuous Quality Improvement from the operations standpoint.
Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford is a 378-bed regional referral center and Level II Trauma Center serving about 600,000 people in Southern Oregon and Northern California.
** Asante has been named a “Top 15 Health System” 8 years in a row by Watson Health Analytics! **
Education: Graduate of an accredited medical school. Successful completion of residency training in Neurology.
Candidates must be board certified in Neurology and have a minimum of 2 years leadership experience in Neurology.
- Year 1 – Annual base salary of $300,000
- Year 2 – The higher of the annual base or $/wRVU based salary plus performance incentives up to 16% of base
- Year 3 and beyond - $/wRVU based salary plus incentives up to 16% of base
- Medical Director compensation of $31,200 per year
- $50,000 signing bonus
- $15,000 relocation assistance
- $5,000 annual CME allowance
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and retirement
For immediate consideration please email your CV to Stephanie Lash, Asante Physician Recruiter