Specialty: Psychologist / Licensed Behavior Health Therapist
Location: Cuyuna Regional Medical Center – Crosby, MN
Work status/schedule: Fulltime.
Cuyuna Regional Medical Center is seeking a licensed Psychologist or licensed Behavior Health Therapist to join our behavioral health team in providing care to a diverse patient population in our outpatient clinic setting on the Crosby medical center campus. You will evaluate, diagnose, monitor and treat a variety of patients. CRMC is committed to providing high quality and patient-centered care and to upholding ethical and professional standards. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with physicians and other multidisciplinary staff in the provision of care and to become involved in a generalized outpatient practice and/or to specialize in areas that meet the needs of our patient population such as health psychology, bariatric work, addiction, mood and anxiety disorders, chronic pain, child/adolescent, geriatric psychology, etc.
Psychologist/Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a caseload of outpatient clients with various needs, fostering their mental health and personal growth.
- Evaluate patient needs and perform diagnostic assessments and individual treatment plans.
- Provide therapy services on an outpatient basis.
- Document provided services according to appropriate standards utilizing an electronic health record.
- Administer psychological tests and interpret results.
- Consult and collaborate with physicians and other multidisciplinary staff in providing high quality care.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external bodies as appropriate in provision of care for patients.
- Provide education to staff on various mental health/psychology related topics.
- Participate in committees and workgroups, inform relevant policies and procedures, and other duties as assigned.
Education and Other Qualifications
- Completion of a masters or doctoral degree in psychology.
- Licensure as a psychologist in the state of Minnesota.
- Previous experience in an outpatient mental health setting preferred.
- Certification as relevant for areas of specialty.
- Participation in professional organization/memberships preferred.
- Knowledge of psychological theory and practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Research skills.
- Interest in how people think and process information.
- Ability to empathize and relate to a wide range of individuals with compassion.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Proficiency with office, email, and our electronic health record system/EPIC.
- Knowledge of and efficiency with appropriate and relevant standards in billing/coding of provided services and documentation.
- Capacity to effectively manage stressful and possible volatile situations.
- Psychological mindedness.
- Commitment to professional and ethical standards of conduct.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent interpersonal relations, communications and demeanor.
Why CRMC? CRMC provides the highest quality patient care by placing the needs of the patient first. We are a not-for-profit, physician led medical group practice with approximately 1,000 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care and innovative medical specialties. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, which includes exceptional benefits.
Site Description: Crosby-Ironton is a city of 3,000 residents and is part of the Brainerd and Cuyuna Lakes Area in central Minnesota and has become a top 5 destination for mountain biking. Crosby is just 15 miles from Brainerd, MN and 2 hours from Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN. The Brainerd Regional Airport, which is serviced by Delta Airlines, is located 11 miles from Crosby. We are within a 2-hour radius of Alexandria, Duluth and St. Cloud. Job Description