SSM Health - Illinois seeks a Vice President – Medical Practice to join its growing team. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system.
SSM Health – Illinois serves approximately 230,000 people in a nine-county area of southern Illinois. As one of the largest health care organizations in southern Illinois, SSM Health includes two regional hospitals located in Mt. Vernon and Centralia, our medical group, with eight family health centers and several specialty programs.
Joining our Illinois ministry as the VP-Medical Practice, along with your leadership team and the VP of Operations, successful candidates will oversee both primary care and specialty practices (physician and APP’s) which include:
Bariatric Surgery, Cardiology, Express Care, Endocrinology, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Medical Oncology, Pediatrics, Podiatry, Pulmonary/Critical Care, Radiation Oncology, Rheumatology, Sleep Medicine and Urology
Key Responsibilities and Desired Outcomes:
- Serve as the lead physician executive of the employed medical group
- In partnership with the Medical Group Vice President of Operations, is accountable for delivering on key performance indicators of the medical group
- Promote team building and collaboration across the medical group and Hospitals
- Motivates, encourages and empowers physicians and clinical staff to achieve personal, organization and team goals by promoting a collaborative working environment.
- Serve as a member of the regional leadership team providing strategic direction for continued growth and development of clinical services.
- Collaborates with the Hospital and Medical Group leadership team to achieve clinical satisfaction and financial goals through the ministry.
- Implements business plans for any new services added to the group
- Works closely with the VP of Operations by assuming fiscal responsibility through budgetary planning and implementation
- Establishes and monitors process improvement initiatives to achieve value-based outcome metrics.
- Identifies and works collaborative with key internal and external customers, including local Critical Access Hospitals as well as independent groups.
- Develop and implement a physician mentoring program to allow for development of physicians into future leaders.
Successful Candidates will possess:
- Ten years demonstrating strong leadership skills with experience in medical group clinical operations within an integrated health system
- Experience overseeing a larger group, either single specialty or multi-specialty in a medical director role or higher.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence
- Exposure to rural healthcare
- Experience managing complex multi-specialty physician practice operations and/or multi-site operations within a health system
- Experience developing/redesigning physician compensation models
- Medical Degree from an accredited institution
- Board Certification
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field is a plus.