SSM Health - Illinois seeks a Regional Chief Medical Officer to join its growing team. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system serving the comprehensive health needs of communities across the Midwest through a robust and fully integrated health care delivery system.
SSM Health – Illinois serves approximately 230,000 people in a nine-county area of southern Illinois. As one of the largest health care organizations in southern Illinois, SSM Health includes two regional hospitals located in Mt. Vernon and Centralia, our medical group, with eight family health centers and several specialty programs.
Joining our Illinois ministry as the Regional CMO, along with Administrative Council of the ministry, successful candidates will serve as a member of the regional leadership team providing strategic direction of two facilities (combined total of 274 beds) with multiple services lines and ancillary locations.
Key Responsibilities and Desired Outcomes:
- Serve as the lead physician executive of the two Ministry Hospitals
- Provides regional leadership for safety, clinical quality and value-based care.
- Lead and develop, with implementation, a culture of patient safety and physician engagement.
- Develop a regionalization plan to regionalize service lines, call group and by-laws across both facilities
- Promote team building and collaboration across the Hospital and the employed medical group as well as the independent providers in the ministry.
- Motivates, encourages and empowers physicians and clinical staff to achieve personal, organization and team goals by promoting a collaborative working environment.
- Serve as a member of the regional leadership team providing strategic direction for continued growth and development of clinical services.
- Collaborates with the Hospital and Medical Group leadership team to achieve clinical satisfaction and financial goals through the ministry.
- Implements business plans for any new services added to the Ministry
- Works closely with the Presidents of each facility by assuming fiscal responsibility through budgetary planning and implementation
- Establishes and monitors process improvement initiatives to achieve value-based outcome metrics.
- Identifies and works collaborative with key internal and external customers, including local Critical Access Hospitals as well as the medical group and independent physicians/groups.
- Develop and implement a physician mentoring program to allow for development of physicians into future leaders.
Successful Candidates will possess:
- Five-Ten years demonstrating strong leadership skills with experience as a CMO within an integrated health system
- Experience overseeing a diverse medical staff with multiple locations, either in a VPMA or CMO role.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence
- Exposure to rural healthcare
- Experience managing complex multi-specialty operations and/or multi-site operations within a health system
- Experience developing/redesigning hospital policies/by-laws preferred
- Medical Degree from an accredited institution
- Board Certification
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related field is a plus.