The Hawai‘i Pacific Health Medical Group in collaboration with the Stanford University Division of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery and the John A. Burns School of Medicine in Honolulu seeks an experienced congenital heart surgeon to expand our program. The current program is supported by an outstanding pediatric intensive care unit, experienced anesthesiologists and perfusionists that provide operative support for our infants and children. This position will assume responsibility for the treatment of complex congenital heart defects in newborns, children, adolescents and adults.
The successful candidate should have more than ten years of experience in treating the entire breadth of congenital cardiac surgery from newborns to adults. Clinical responsibilities include longitudinal care of pediatric cardiac surgery patients and support of an outstanding, well-established ECMO program. Additional skills in the treatment of acquired cardiac disease will be a valuable asset for the candidate. The position will be focused at Kapi’olani Medical Center for Women and Children. Adult congenital heart surgery will be performed at the Straub Medical Center with the potential for surgical collaboration with other major hospitals in Honolulu. The hired surgeon will be an integral part of the Hawai‘i Pacific Health cardiac surgery team. Research and/or scholarship opportunities exist.
• Experience in treating the entire breadth of congenital cardiac surgery from newborns to adults, and administrative leadership preferred
• Graduate of an accredited school of medicine
• Board-certified by American Board of Thoracic Surgery or an equivalent required.
• Must have current, valid and unrestricted medical license
• Substantial opportunities for teaching, including supervision of fellows, house staff and medical students
• Leadership opportunities within performance measurement/quality improvement