The Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology at the Medical University of South Carolina is actively recruiting for clinical faculty members with a focus on non-malignant hematological disorders at the level of Assistant Professor or above, depending on candidates’ qualifications.
About this role:
- Board Certified / Board Eligible in Hematology
- Eligible for SC licensure
- Inpatient non-malignant hematology consult service
- Outpatient non-malignant hematology clinics
- Expectation to supervise fellows, participate in teaching assignments and mentor students, interns, residents and fellows.
What we offer:
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent benefits package, including pension options and up to $48,000 of optional tax deferred contributions
- Sovereign immunity, occurrence-based malpractice coverage provided by employer
- 22 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer
- Generous CME
MUSC’s Hollings Cancer Center has NCI approved programs in developmental cancer therapeutics, cancer immunology, cancer biology, and cancer control, as well as multiple shared resource cores and state-of-the-art clinical and research facilities. These include a highly developed clinical trials office with a growing multi-center trials network and Phase I trials program, a translational science laboratory, a robust biorepository and tissue analysis resource, and a clean-cell evaluation and therapy facility. Clinical and translational research at The Hollings Cancer Center is supported by transdisciplinary cancer teams in seven tumor specific working groups and within the university is supported by an NIH-funded Clinical and Translational Science Award. In addition, the Hollings Cancer Center functions in close partnership with pediatric oncology faculty in the recently opened Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital. MUSC Health was ranked 39th best hospital for Cancer by the US News & World Report in 2020-2021.
MUSC is located in Charleston, SC, frequently named one of the best places in America to live. If charming, historic, vibrant, cultural, and coastal are adjectives that you find appealing, it’s all here. In Charleston, you might find yourself dining at a world class restaurant today and relaxing on a boat as you explore our many waterways tomorrow. You might stroll along cobblestone streets, amidst centuries old homes by day and attend a jazz concert by night. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.
We invite you to join the team committed to “changing what’s possible” and to do so in one of the most exciting cities in the country. Send us your CV accompanied by your letter of interest for immediate consideration. Your life in Charleston awaits!
For more information, contact Kelsey Brown, MUSC Physician Recruitment, at brownkel(at)musc.edu.
MUSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks diversity in its faculty, staff, and students.