Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking a Surgical Pathology/Cytology Pathologist to join our organization in western Massachusetts.
Position Highlights –
- WELL-ESTABLISHED PROGRAM. Experienced and diverse faculty including 21 subspecialty trained pathologists working in a hybrid academic medical center/community hospital based practice. All our board certified pathologists participate in a subspecialty practice model to pursue their professional interests both in diagnostic pathology and translational research. They are supported by state-of-the-art laboratories and resources to deliver the highest quality of clinical service. Work/Life Balance with opportunity to participate in a large reference laboratory services.
- PROFESSIONAL SATISFACTION. The faculty takes pride in its entrepreneurial and energetic spirit while delivering a full spectrum of anatomic and clinical pathology services under single leadership. A tremendous opportunity for pathologists to make major contributions to improve patient care.
- CLINICAL EXPECTATIONS. The individual will be expected to practice primarily surgical pathology and participate in a semi subspecialized service of GI, Head and Neck and Thoracic Pathology and participate in rotations on the cytology service. Infrequent night and weekend calls are required and while clinical pathology interests will be considered they are not required.
- FACULTY APPOINTMENT to University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate and opportunity to teach residents and fellows in Pathology, and other specialty programs and medical students rotating through pathology. Scholarly pursuits are encouraged and supported by strong research infrastructure.
- ROBUST BENEFITS PACKAGE - Competitive salary, generous paid time off, full medical benefits, CME reimbursement.
Qualifications: Fellowship training in Surgical Pathology/ GI Pathology and Cytopathology required; additional subspecialty training in Head and Neck Pathology are desired. We are seeking an individual with outstanding diagnostic and teaching skills and interest to pursue translational research is encouraged. Board Eligible or Board Certified by the American Board of Pathology, with a strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning. Our experienced pathologists can provide excellent mentorship to those early in their careers.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Ashraf Khan, MD, FRCPath
Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate and Baystate Health
c/o Linda Stevenson, Provider Recruiter