Baystate Health, Western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking a full-time anatomic pathologist with fellowship training in Surgical Pathology/Breast/GYN pathology to join our pathology group and Baystate Health’s extensive network in Western Massachusetts. Leadership opportunity in surgical pathology/anatomic pathology appropriate to applicant’s experience.
Position Highlights –
• WELL-ESTABLISHED PROGRAM. Experienced and diverse faculty including 21 subspecialty trained pathologists working in a hybrid academic medical center/community hospital based practice. All our board certified pathologists participate in a subspecialty practice model to pursue their professional interests both in diagnostic pathology and translational research. They are supported by state-of-the-art laboratories and resources to deliver the highest quality of clinical service. Work/Life Balance with opportunity to participate in a large reference laboratory services.
• PROFESSIONAL SATISFACTION. The faculty takes pride in its entrepreneurial and energetic spirit while delivering a full spectrum of anatomic and clinical pathology services under single leadership. A tremendous opportunity for pathologists to be part of integrated care teams to make major contributions to improve patient outcomes.
• CLINICAL EXPECTATIONS. The individual will be expected to practice primarily surgical pathology and participate in a semi subspecialized service of Breast, GYN and Genitourinary Pathology. Infrequent night and weekend calls are required and while cytopathology training will be considered it is not required.
• FACULTY APPOINTMENT at University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate and opportunity to teach residents and fellows in Pathology, and other specialty programs and medical students rotating through pathology. Scholarly pursuits are encouraged and supported by strong research infrastructure.
• ROBUST BENEFITS PACKAGE - Competitive salary, generous paid time off, full medical benefits, CME reimbursement.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
Qualifications: Fellowship or equivalent training in Surgical Pathology/Breast/GYN Pathology; We are seeking for an individual with outstanding diagnostic and teaching skills; interest to pursue translational research is encouraged. Board Eligible or Board Certified by the American Board of Pathology. Prior leadership experience for applicants looking to grow and undertake leadership role in the department. Our experienced pathologists can provide excellent mentorship to those early in their careers.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org. Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
All correspondence can be directed to:
Ashraf Khan, MD, FRCPath
Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate and Baystate Health
c/o Linda Stevenson, Provider Recruiter
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.