Ohio’s Hospice offers opportunity, advancement and a great foundation for growth to energetic people looking to serve our mission. Those who join our team are committed to providing superior care and service so our patients and their families can celebrate life. We provide our staff members with the resources and support to contribute and make a difference in the lives of patients and families every day. Come join a group of people that are wildly passionate about taking care of our patients and each other!
As a member of our team, you'll have a chance to impact many lives. You may find a deeper meaning in your work or rediscover why you chose your profession in the first place. The passion you may have been missing in previous workplaces can be found at Ohio's Hospice.
The Physician’s Essential Duties Are:
The Physician provides expertise in caring for patients with life limiting, serious illness and their families. Responsible for assisting with the provision and maintenance of medical direction to hospice/palliative care teams which includes consultation, review of patient care, staff education, and liaison activities within the medical community. The overall goal is to improve quality of life for every patient and family we have the privilege of serving.
- MD or DO
- Hospice and/or hospitalist experience preferred
- Prior experience in working with terminally ill patients.
- Board certification or eligibility in Hospice & Palliative Medicine preferred.
- Active Unrestricted Ohio license to practice Osteopathic or Allopathic Medicine.
- Unrestricted DEA license
- CPR Certified.
- Computer skills sufficient to properly document services and care.
- Ability to drive during daytime, nighttime or inclement weather.
- Valid Driver's License with Safe Driving Record
- State Minimum Automobile Insurance Coverage
Benefits & Perks: your health and happiness matters! We offer:
- Competitive Pay (we actually mean it!)
- Competitive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Matching Retirement Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Preparation for certification and pay incentive on Hospice certification achievement
- Mileage reimbursement
- And much, much, more!
Ohio’s Hospice complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Ohio’s Hospice is proud to be platinum certified through SAGECare, which provides training and consulting on LGBT aging issues to service providers. Ohio’s Hospice welcomes those in the LGBT community to join our team.