Crossroads Treatment Centers was founded on May 5, 2005 to serve a patient population with opioid addiction. Since its founding, the company has grown rapidly and now includes 90 treatment centers in 10 states. Each member of the Crossroads team specializes in an area that supports the recovery of over 25,000 patients. Crossroads' clinical staff includes physicians, pharmacists, counselors, nurses, and other service coordinators. Along with medication management, our staff works closely with each patient to create an individualized treatment plan aimed at building recovery and relapse prevention skills.
Crossroads Treatment Centers is seeking a part-time Medical Director to work in our facility located in Ashland, Kentucky. This position is responsible for the efficient and effective medical services provided to patients according to the Policies & Procedures. Conducts patient's medical history and physical examinations. Medical monitoring of patients in all phases of treatment as required.
We can offer one or two days in our center and some remote hours for admin responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for all dose adjustments
- Be responsible for assuring application of admission criteria
- Review, document, and order appropriate laboratory studies as indicated for patients participating in the program.
- Document, sign, and/or countersign all medical orders (written and verbal)
- Be responsible for assuring that information is communicated to patients, as required, related to their medication and communicable diseases.
- Oversee/supervise clinical dosing staff to ensure compliance with all applicable standards.
- Oversee/supervise program staff responsible for medication preparation and administration of treatment medication.
- Be responsible for assuring program compliance with Policies, Procedures, and applicable regulations.
- Evaluate and issue determinations regarding patient eligibility for take-home medication, program admission, and continued treatment.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews and evaluations of applicable policies and standards for service delivery.
- Medical Degree from accredited college/university.
- The Medical Director must be licensed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky to practice medicine
- Our Medical Director must be board certified in addiction medicine OR a psychiatrist OR board eligible psychiatrist with 3 years of MAT experience
- experience providing services to patients who are dependent on alcohol or other drugs
- If recovering, three years of continuous verifiable abstinence is required.