Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Family Medicine-Aurora are seeking an Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide occupational health care for the employees of Nutrien Phosphate. Candidates must be certified to perform NCDOT physicals. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
The Aurora Phosphate Plant, one of Nutrien’s mine locations, is the largest integrated phosphate mining and chemical plant in the world.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Provider will be assigned to Nutrien Phosphate Plant in Aurora, NC
- Monday – Friday, no weekends
- Scheduled appointments and walk-ins
- Clinical responsibilities include DOT physicals, vision/hearing testing, pulmonary function testing, drug testing, new hire, first aide and minor issues
- RN provides clinical support
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefit Package to include: Annual CME Stipend, Relocation, Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice (with tail), 401k matching program/ 457b, Medical, Dental & Vision, & Life Insurance
Vidant Medical Group is a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by Vidant Health. Currently Vidant Medical Group employs over 550 providers including primary care and specialists. The group offers the infrastructure needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Vidant Health is one of the largest healthcare systems in North Carolina, serving more than 1.4 million people through its regional network of 8 hospitals serving 29 counties.
Washington is a small town that honors its historic traditions while embracing the future. It features one of the state’s largest commercial and residential historic districts, featuring stunning antebellum homes and buildings. It’s located on the Tar and Pamlico rivers, serving as a gateway to the second largest estuary on the East Coast. Health care is an important industry in Washington and the surrounding area in addition to PCS Phosphate, Hackney Industries, Weyerhaeuser and Fountain Powerboats.
- Beautiful waterfront community
- Located in the heart of the Inner Banks on the beautiful Pamlico Sound
- Only 20 miles east of Greenville, NC and 70 miles from the spectacular Crystal Coast beaches
- Flourishing waterfront downtown district offers unique, world-class restaurants, intriguing shops, art galleries and more.
- Desirable climate with mild winters and all 4 seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Provides diverse and affordable housing, including waterfront homes and land
Chocowinity located on the south side of the Pamlico River and is a small community with a rich heritage of history, agriculture, and industry. Fishermen visiting Chocowinity can look forward to shad, perch, red breast, black fish, pike pickerel, jack, rock, bass, trout, and sturgeon. With more than 700 home sites, Cypress Landing continues to attract many residents with its world-class golf course, marina and community center. There are plans for an industrial park south of the town.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant art, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
North Carolina has many draws to include vast state parks, professional sports teams (NBA, NFL and NHL), pristine beaches, high ranking public colleges/universities and diverse arts and cultural offerings - making the area an attractive location to live, practice medicine and vacation.