West Virginia University is seeking an Assistant Professor of Endocrinology. Position is primarily clinical and will work at outpatient clinics in both Martinsburg and Ranson. Job duties include: provide clinical care and teach medical students and residents; scholarly activities are highly encouraged. Must have an M.D. degree or equivalent and successfully completed an ACGME certified residency in Endocrinology WV Medical License and DEA registration are both required by start date. Candidates should be BC/BE in Endocrinology.
Successful candidates will enjoy the benefits of practicing in a faculty practice plan (University Healthcare Physicians) integrated with our regional community hospitals. University Healthcare Berkeley Medical Center is a 240-licensed bed facility in Berkeley County WV which serves a population of more than 100,000. EPIC is the system EMR. BMC has new emergency room and NICU facilities and a new wound care center with hyperbaric chambers.
Our Eastern Panhandle location is little more than an hour from Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, MD. A rural atmosphere and a lower cost of living mixed with the easy accessibility to the Washington/Baltimore areas make the Eastern Panhandle an ideal place in which to live. While our location is among the fastest growing areas in the state, there is little congestion and traffic. In recent years, a steady influx of urban professionals from nearby Washington, DC and Baltimore, Maryland - have contributed to the growth of local telecommuting and high-tech industries.
Academic rank will be commensurate with experience. The position will remain open until filled. WVU offers a highly competitive and comprehensive recruitment package which includes occurrence based malpractice.
WV University Healthcare is comprised of Berkeley Medical Center and Jefferson Medical Center. The system is partnered with the clinical excellence of WVU Hospitals in Morgantown and is part of the state’s largest healthcare system
WV University Healthcare has grown and evolved to fulfill the mission of providing the highest level of quality healthcare to the Eastern Panhandle in the heart of the Mid-Atlantic just over 1 hour from Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD.
The WVU School of Medicine - Eastern Division is located at WV University Healthcare enabling area physicians faculty/teaching opportunities.
Together, WV University Healthcare is the region’s leading choice in health and wellness services.
Berkeley Medical Center - 2500 Hospital Drive, Martinsburg, WV
- 195 licensed bed facility
- EPIC system-wide EMR
- 40 bed modern linear-style Emergency Department with over 55k visits annually
- Expanded 20 bed ICU
- Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology services include digital (PACS),a 64-Slice CT Scanner, SPECT and Interventional Radiology services
- Growing Cardiac Cath Lab and Peripheral program
- Over 1,000 births annually
- New NICU
- Inpatient Pediatric Unit
- Inpatient/Outpatient Oncology Services with clinical trials
- Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit
- New Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric chamber
Jefferson Medical Center is located at 300 South Preston Street, Ranson, WV
- 25 acute care beds - a full service Critical Access Hospital
- EPIC system-wide EMR
- 19 bed 24-hour emergency department with over 30k visits annually.
- Digital radiology (PACS), SPECT, 64 slice CT
- Special Care unit
- Obstetrics unit with around 300 births per year
- Primary hospital for Family Medicine residency and fellowship programs