Northeast Georgia Physicians Group is seeking a full-time Clinical Neuropsychologist to join our current board-certified Neuropsychologist in an outpatient clinic and medical center setting. The Neuropsychologist will conduct neuropsychological evaluations and provide consultation in collaboration with Neurology and other medical specialties, serving adult and geriatric patients with a range of medical, neurological, and psychiatric conditions. The ideal candidate would be a clinician with excellent diagnostic and report-writing skills, along with experience in a medical setting and the ability to function as part of a multi disciplinary team.
The position would have an emphasis on development and expansion of services to non-geriatric and younger adult patients, especially TBI and concussions. However, a solid background in dementia and other complex medical conditions would also be expected, and expertise in both brief and comprehensive neuropsychological evaluation is required. Common patient diagnostic categories include but are not limited to dementia, stroke, traumatic brain injury, other neurodegenerative disorders, and complex medical patients. Experience with presurgical bariatric and/or spinal cord stimulator evaluations would be a plus.
The candidate should have excellent interpersonal communication, writing, and time management skills, have the ability to function independently in a high-volume clinic setting, and be able to meet an expectation of quick turnaround time for reports in an EHR format. Must have experience in utilizing and supervising psychometrists. Potential applicants will need to provide a cover letter, CV, and 2 redacted reports.
Requirements are as follows:
- A doctoral degree (Ph.D./Psy. D) in clinical or counseling psychology from a program accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Completion of an APA-accredited internship in a medical setting.
- Completion of a postdoctoral fellowship in Neuropsychology in a medical/hospital setting, preferably an APPCN member program or equivalent. The candidate would be expected to meet Houston Conference guidelines for training in Neuropsychology.
- Licensure or license-eligibility as a Psychologist in the State of Georgia.
- Whereas active board-certification is not required at the time of hire, the clinician should be board eligible and would be encouraged to work toward board-certification
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS), is a 750+ bed not-for-profit community health system with the main campus located in Gainesville, Ga – just 45 miles northeast of Atlanta. NGHS provides a wide array of healthcare services complimented by a medical staff of over 1100 members that represent a vast range of primary care and sub-specialty physicians with a service area of 19 counties and over a million and half people.
Healthgrades has named Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) one of America’s 50 best hospitals for 2018 and only one of two hospitals in Georgia to get this honor. Also, NGHS has been named one of “Metro Atlanta’s Top 100 Workplaces” by the Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) for 2011-2018.
NGMC offers highly competitive compensation plans, 401K matching/457B plans and life, health & disability insurance. We are in the third fastest growing area in the country with activities for all ages including beautiful hiking, mountain bike trails and water sports on Lake Lanier.
Contact Marshall Poole, Physician Recruiter