DIVISION CHIEF, GERIATRICS & PALLIATIVE CARE
Baystate Health (BH), western Massachusetts’s premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Medical School – Baystate, is seeking an experienced Geriatric and Palliative Care Medicine physician-leader for our Division of Geriatric and Palliative Care Medicine. Baystate Health is proud to have been named an “Age-Friendly Health System” by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
- Lead our group of physicians, APPs, and interdisciplinary team members including social work, nursing, and spiritual services across our academic medical center and 3 community hospitals.
- Lead and expand the clinical, research, and educational activities of the Division in a way that contributes to the mission and goals of the organization. The position reports to the Chair of Medicine.
- Expand the clinical programs to support our tertiary care growth and our population health growth through the care of patients in our Medicaid and Medicare ACOs. Programs include inpatient, outpatient, and telehealth.
- Oversee the clinical, administrative, quality and safety, and recruitment activities of the Division at all of our locations.
- Partner with other stakeholders, such as the Baystate Health Home Hospice program, in the delivery of care for geriatrics and palliative care patients.
- Oversee the educational activities of our geriatrics fellowship and newly approved palliative care fellowship, as well as educational activities for medical students and residents.
- Grow the current research portfolio of federally supported trials/programs.
- Oversee the expansion and dissemination of best practices developed in our state-of-the-art Acute Care for Elders (ACE) unit to the wider health system.
- 5+ years’ of geriatric, palliative care or both experience with evidence of progressive management responsibilities and leadership in an academic department.
- Strong record of collaboration; must possess the ability to engage a broad base of stakeholders to work towards a shared vision.
- Academic record consistent with appointment at the Professor or Associate Professor level at UMMS-Baystate.
- ABMS board certification in geriatrics, palliative care, or both.
- Strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
For more information please visit us online at: ChooseBaystateHealth.org or interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
Are you ready to advance your career with us?
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.