WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking an Urgent Care Physician who is Board Eligible/Board Certified in Family Medicine and/or Emergency Medicine, to join our team located at Franciscan ExpressCare Munster in Munster, IN.
WHAT WE NEED:
Recent Urgent Care or Emergency Medicine preferred. Candidate will have ACLS/PALS/BLS, certifications or willing to become certified. Candidate should be comfortable seeing patients of all ages with volume of approximately 30 patients per day.
Ideal candidate should be proficient in:
- Reading basic x-rays of all body parts
- Laceration repair/wound care
- Initial ECG interpretation
- Interpreting test results
- Urgent evaluation and treatment of potentially critically ill patients and the appropriate transport of these patients to the closest Emergency Room Department
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., Saturday – Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- No Call Expectation
- Average outpatient volume: 3 – 4 patients per hour, depending on season
- On-site Equipment:
- Hospital Radiation Department
- CT Department
- Common Diagnoses:
- Abdominal pain
- Musculoskeletal pain/injury
- Shortness of breath
- Upper repository infection
- Urinary tract infection
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Physician Network (FPN), a division of FRANCISCAN HEALTH, brings together the many primary care and specialty physician groups associated with Franciscan Health’s hospitals and access points across Indiana and Illinois. FPN includes over 1,000 physicians and advanced practice providers.
With 13 hospitals, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence. Franciscan Health takes pride in providing compassionate, comprehensive care for our patients and the communities we serve.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Time off and continuing medical education (CME) support
- Paid malpractice
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team7.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Hammond, Dyer, and Munster are cities located in beautiful Lake County, IN. Located thirty minutes southeast of downtown Chicago. The cities are part of the Chicago metropolitan area, while still maintaining a rural and suburban feel. Situated along the South Shore of Lake Michigan, the cities offer many opportunities to enjoy the beach, sand dunes, and many outdoor activities. Hammond, Dyer, and Munster offer an affordable cost of living, excellent school options including private and public schools, and a diverse employment base with a strong commercially-insured base of employees.
- Lake Michigan
- Indiana Dunes
- Lost Marsh Environmental Recreation Area which includes 330-acre championship golf course, and nature preserve
- Year-Round Festivals and Area Events
- Towle Theater
- Horseshoe Casino
- The region offers shopping at enclosed shopping malls, an outdoor discount outlet center and miles and miles of popular chain stores in shopping plazas
- Among the South Shore's agri-tourism opportunities are wineries, dairies, restaurants, orchards/farms, pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and farmers' markets