Outpatient Internal Medicine Teaching Opportunity in Norwalk, CT (32 hours/0.8 FTE), Norwalk, CT (one hour from NYC)
Nuvance Health (formerly Western Connecticut Health Network) is seeking a part-time (32 hours per week) Outpatient Internal Medicine Teaching Physician. The ideal candidate is a highly competent, a board-certified or board-eligible internist, preferably with ambulatory care and teaching experience to precept internal medicine residents and medical students in a primary care clinic. The qualified applicant would have a love of teaching and dedication to provide excellent patient care in a Federally Qualified Health Center in Southern Connecticut, 1 hour from New York City. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in teaching to work with bright, enthusiastic and engaged Residents in a clinic dedicated to the care of underserved patients.
Our residency program is affiliated with Yale, UVM, and Ross University. The position includes the opportunity to become an adjunct instructor at Yale School of Medicine, University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine, and Ross University School of Medicine.
- On average, 6 half-day precepting sessions per week teaching top-notch internal medicine residents and medical students. On occasion will need to do additional precepting sessions per week in order to help with coverage, etc.
- Dedicated didactic teaching and administrative time – on average 2 half-day sessions/week
- Interest and experience in quality improvement, advocacy, and outcomes research preferred
- MD or DO with CT State and Federal Narcotic Use Registration
- Preferred: Prior experience as an academic physician teaching Residents but recently graduated Residents with a strong interest in teaching are encouraged to apply
- Have successfully completed an Internal Medicine Residency
- Is Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Spanish skills strongly desired
- Willingness to work 32 hours per week (4 eight hour days including Mondays 8 am – 5 pm). No evenings or weekends. Although there is the possibility to moonlight to work additional hours in inpatient Hospital medicine on the 5ht day or weekends.
Norwalk Hospital and Nuvance Health Medical Practice is now part of Nuvance Health. Nuvance Health serves 1.5 million residents across New York and Connecticut and includes more than 2,600 aligned physicians, 12,000 employees, seven hospitals (Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Northern Dutchess Hospital, Norwalk Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center, Sharon Hospital, and Vassar Brothers Medical Center), a large network of primary care and specialty practices, and multiple affiliated organizations.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.