Through People, We Make a Difference
Sound Physicians is a physician-founded and led hospital medicine practice that started in 2001. While Sound has grown significantly since then, our vision of building a great practice is unchanged. We believe this starts by offering a better career model designed around our vision of improving quality and lowering the cost of care for patients in the communities we serve. When you join Sound Physicians, you will sense a palpable difference in the way we approach hospital medicine from your first day.
Rust Medical Center (RMC) is a full-service, state-of-the-art hospital designed to provide safe, patient-centered, operationally efficient, environmentally friendly, and technologically innovative care to residents of Rio Rancho. Presbyterian Hospital again named Best Regional Hospital In 2019, Presbyterian Hospital* was again the only hospital in New Mexico to be named a best regional hospital by U.S. News & World Report and was also recognized for high performance in treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and heart failure, as well as for knee and hip replacements. Presbyterian Hospital* was recently recognized by Healthgrades® as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals and one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for stroke, critical and pulmonary care in 2019. Presbyterian is the only hospital in New Mexico to receive these four distinctions.
- 177-bed community hospital that is part of the Presbyterian Health Care System
- Established 27 physician team and two clinical performance nurses
- Hospitalists respond to codes for their respective patients
- Closed 10 bed ICU
- Occasional bedside procedures are required to help support the ICU and IR teams; In house pulmonary and critical care physicians are available for support
- Intubations are not required
- H1B eligible; access to Sound’s in-house visa specialists as well as our licensing and credentialing experts; all required filing fees for the visa are paid and services covered