St. Joseph's Health has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a Board Certified Wound Care physician located in Syracuse, New York.
We are seeking a physician who impacts the lives of an underserved, growing patient population of over 6.5 million individuals. We’re proud to set the standard in our field, boasting the largest wound database on the planet: the foundation for wound care research and development, worldwide. Our Wound Care Physicians enjoy a collaborative community, supported by technology for innovative care solutions, as well as passionate Regional Medical Directors and visionary leadership, including our Chief Medical Officer: the founder of the first wound healing and tissue repair fellowship in the United States, Dr. William Ennis.
The selected candidate will work in an office setting, 3 days/week seeing approximately 30 patients/day and will provide cross coverage for office call.
You would be a perfect fit as a Physician for the team if you are: a strong leader, a pioneer, collaborative, energetic, driven, experienced and empathetic. The selected candidate will be SJH employed with a Healogics partnership.
Wound Care physician job responsibilities include:
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Participate in regional and national conference(s) related to wound care improvement or new wound care information.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.e., medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.) to enhance the visibility of the WCC® and support local medical and community education and awareness.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Act as a spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
- Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations.
Wound Care Physician education and experience requirements include: MD or DO, must be Board Certified and a DEA License.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Wound Care physician to join a comprehensive medical group.
St. Joseph's Health offers a comprehensive salary and compensation package that includes:
- Base Salary + RVU bonus
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid vacation
- CME with allowance
- 403(b) Plan and 457(b) Plan