Springfield Clinic, one of the largest multi-specialty physician owned medical practices in Illinois, is currently seeking a CRNA/Nurse Anesthetist to join one of the most progressive, independent medical groups in Illinois. Springfield Clinic is committed to quality, safety, service and innovation to improve the health and lives of people in central Illinois.
o This position is located in our Springfield Ambulatory Surgery & Endoscopy Center
o Four day work week with No Call
o Team Centered Department performs more than 24,000 procedures annually
o The center has 6 surgical suites, 5 endoscopy procedure rooms and 2 pain treatment rooms
o $100,000 Sign on Bonus
- Reports directly to the Operations Manager.
· Documentation of care rendered reflecting standards of nurse anesthesia practice.
· Records kept legible, accurate and in a timely manner.
· Account of all monitoring agents and unusual events
· Maintain proficiency with anesthesia and adjunct equipment.
· Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
· Understand medications used in current anesthesia practice, dosages and side effects.
· Recognize patient's physical as well as psychological needs and take measures to comfort the patient.
· Recognize and adjust anesthesia requirements based on surgical needs and patient condition.
· Transfer care and give report to qualified health care practitioner at end of case.
· Recognize and report adverse post-anesthetic outcomes to Anesthesiologist.
· Participate in efforts to improve the quality of care rendered.
· Make use of time, equipment and supplies to minimize costs and achieve established clinical outcomes.
· Collaborate to identify cost reduction opportunities.
· Maintain professional behavior, participate in problem solving with peers.
· Attend all OSHA and Clinic/Director specified mandatory in-services.
· Comply with the Springfield Clinic incident reporting policy and procedures.
· Adhere to all OSHA and Springfield Clinic training & accomplishments as required per policy.
· Provide excellent customer service and adhere to SC Way customer service philosophy.
· Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Completed AANA-approved course in Anesthesia.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist or new graduate eligible for certification