We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Vincent’s Eastern Pulmonary and the Ascension Medical Group are looking for a full time Pulmonary Medicine/Critical care physician or Anesthesiology/Critical Care physician. You will work in both the ICU and clinic setting. We make communication, monitoring and constant care our top priorities to help our patients recover as quickly as possible. Please consider joining our Pulmonary/Critical Care team which includes Anesthesiology/Critical Care physicians.
About Ascension St. Vincent’s Health System
- Founded in 1898 by the Daughters of Charity, we have provided care in Birmingham for over 122 years.
- Since then we have grown to include a regional network of healthcare services and facilities which includes five hospitals, a health and wellness facility, outpatient surgery and diagnostic centers, primary care network, home health and hospice, home medical equipment services, behavioral health, wellness services, corporate health services and specialized care.
- The system employs 4,700 associates and has more than 1,100 physicians serving on medical staffs.
- Why Birmingham? Our wonderful climate, tree-blanketed and hilly terrain, and the wonderful hospitality of our people make Birmingham an ideal place to live.
- We have outstanding public and private schools, colleges and universities, including a world class medical research university at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
- Birmingham is home to the Birmingham Civil Rights District National Monument, a progressive business climate that fosters growth, a revitalized downtown where people go to work, live and play, and an unparalleled food and art scene that has grabbed the attention of visitors and publications across the world.
- We have the highest concentration of health care jobs in any of the top 50 MSAs in the country.
- With one of the lowest costs of living of any major metro area in the Southeast and more green space per capita than any other city of our size, Birmingham is one of America’s best-kept secrets.
About ASCENSION MEDICAL GROUP
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced provider engagement and experience are recognized as key drivers of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
- Great combination of inpatient, clinic and intensivist work
- Busy practice expansion
- Collaborate with Anesthesiology/Critical Care colleagues in covering 55 ICU beds
- Rotation in covering: ICUs, Office, Hospital Rounding
- Use of APPs in ICUs and Hospital Rounding
- Single specialty with 4 physicians expanding to 5 physicians
- Full range of office care and diagnostic services for patients with lung disorders such as chronic obstructive lung disease, asthma, sleep apnea, interstitial lung disease, lung nodule clinic and lung cancer, sleep disorders
- EBUS available and skills in this area are desired
- Looking to expand into more advanced techniques
- Collegial colleagues and dynamic work environment
- Clinical autonomy with an employed pulmonary practice
- Convenient, beautiful office location ½ mile from St. Vincent’s East
- Well-established practice, since 2001, with an excellent reputation in the community
- Call 1:4
- No downtown traffic
- Employed by a financially sound health system
- Front loaded PTO
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Excellent Pay and Benefits package
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Deferred compensation plan, tax free investment account
- Paid CME allowance
- Paid licenses and permits
- Customized electronic health record, Cerner in hospital and Athena in clinic
- Big city metro amenities at their finest
- Outdoor recreation & excellent culture
- Live music, performing arts & fine dining options
- Beautiful state parks & water recreation
- Wonderful school systems and major universities
You will be employed by the Ascension Medical Group, a division of Ascension Health, one of the largest not-for-profit acute care hospital systems in the country. You will have a strong stable employer that places a premium on our physicians’ wellbeing.
- Work as an integrated team of providers with physicians in Practice and Intensivist Program
- Provide comprehensive, advanced care for patients with lung disease
- Participate in on-call rotation for practice
- Attend daily ICU multidisciplinary team meetings during intensivist rotation
- Maintain electronic medical records on Cerner and Athena
What you will need
Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority and credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Board Eligible/Certified in Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care, Sleep (optional)
Anesthesiology/Critical Care candidates also under consideration for Intensivist Position
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Open to new fellows or experienced physicians interested in developing a practice and building a world class center of excellence.