Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers is seeking a Med-Peds physician to work out of an already established medical practice that has a patient population across the rural communities of Braidwood, Dwight, Mazon and several others in our service area. We’re looking for a great colleague who’s passionate about Med-Peds, committed, motivated with strong work ethics and desires to provide quality care to patients. This is a golden opportunity for a new or experienced Med-Peds physician where you’d enter in an established practice and have support from your other Med-Peds, Peds and FP/IM colleagues. Be part of a highly-reputable practice who’s proud to offer a small town atmosphere where patients are treated like family and continue to return for all of their healthcare needs.
- Practice out of Dwight or Mazon office. The following “southland” providers practice out of those locations as well, e.g. Dr. Passerman, Dr. Comfort, Kathy Ulivi, APRN, Jen Frye, APRN & Dr. Saeed. Mon-Fri clinic schedule is flexible, e.g. 4-5 outpatient days. Dwight office is 30min south of Morris and Mazon office is 15min south of Morris.
- Adult Hospitalist Program is well-established and successful for inpatients and physicians since inception, circa 2009. They take care of 85%-90% of inpatients. 24/7 in-house Hospitalist coverage begins July 2021, with addition of Nocturnists. Option to practice traditionally or out-patient only for adults.
- High-Risk Call with $tipend for Pediatricians = 1:8, ~5 days per month, includes roughly 7-8 weekends/year with one major holiday. On high-risk call weekdays the Peds/Med-Peds are scheduled in the Morris office, across the street from the Family Birthing Suites on the hospital campus. Only acute visits are scheduled in the afternoon on your high-risk call weekdays to allow time to round at the hospital. Peds/Med-Peds attend c-sections and complete newborn H&P when on-call. When not on-call physician would have no peds/baby hospital responsibilities. Office (phone) call is from Mon-Fri, for your patients only, for non-hospital related or non-admission ED calls.
Benefits Include: Guaranteed Base Salary for first two calendar years, Medical Education Loan Repayment per year (if appl.), $8,000 Moving Bonus Assistance, $6,000 Annual CME & General Expense Allowance, earn production and quality-based bonuses from the start of employment, GREAT Health (BCBS), Life, & Disability Insurance, Retirement Plan w/matching, gym membership, and annual Wellness Incentive. Accrue 5 weeks of PTO in first year.
About the Hospital, Community & Contact Information:
- Family Birthing Suite includes dedicated OR, 8 LDRP rooms & 4 NST/Triage rooms. 500 births per year, w/large number of high-risk pregnancies. Dedicated 2East Peds Wing where all nurses are PALS trained. We have a tertiary affiliation with Loyola University Medical Center for mothers and babies who require an even higher level of care as we are a Level II Perinatal Care Provider with strong referral relationships with MFM at Loyola.
- Work with a Level II Trauma Center that’s Accredited by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons as a Community Cancer Program. We also have a Sleep Center, phenomenal ED & Radiology departments (including IR & Breast Health Nurse Navigator, >20PCPs on staff, 6 OB/GYN, 4 Immediate/OccMed centers, our own blood bank, 3 pathologists, plus PT/OT/SLP Rehabilitation Services, pain management, and wound care. Receive support from our award-winning nursing staff and reputable 24/7 Pharmacy & Laboratory departments. Awesome Case Management/Social Work support.
- Multitude of great sub-specialty consults available, e.g. open-ICU setting (with PulmCC consults available), Primary Stroke Certified, ENT, 24/7 STEMI/Cardio, GI, GS, Colo-Rectal, Ortho & Back, ID, RadOnc, Hem/Onc, Neph (we do inpatient Dialysis here), Rheum, Endo, Ob/GYN, Tele-Psych, and outpatient LCSWs to name a few.
- Work with an organization that’s true to its mission of improving the health of area residents. Listed on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals” (2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019). We boast a renowned Patient Transportation System available at no charge to patients - done all through our dedicated 630 volunteers since ‘98.
- Since 03/18, we began a $60 million master facility plan that included expanding our ED (17 private rooms with state-of-the-art features). We also renovated our IF therapy, imaging (new women’s center!), outpt lab services and main lobby patient flow. Our newly remodeled Cardiac Diagnostics Department was expanded and conveniently moved next to the Cath Lab. As part of Phase 3, we will be modernizing our surgical waiting room and ORs and updating our patient registration process, starting Spring 2021.
Our service area includes close knit, family-oriented communities with excellent education and employment opportunities and beautiful neighborhoods that are safe and provide naturally distanced areas with beautiful scenery and outdoor recreation at its BEST! Living and working here is where you can truly enjoy the best of both worlds with being centrally located close to Chicago.
If you're interested in our full-time opportunity, please contact me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to getting to know you better while sharing how we can meet your professional interests and needs. ~Jennifer Goodwin, in-house Manager of Physician Recruitment & Relations at Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers