Hematologist-Oncologist – Coastal South Carolina
Myrtle Beach/Murrells Inlet/Pawleys Island/Georgetown, SC 29576
Be part of a thriving community on the South Carolina coast.
Tidelands Health, an affiliate of MUSC Health, is seeking board-certified/board-eligible hematologists/oncologists to join an established, employed practice serving the Myrtle Beach region -- our nation’s fastest-growing area. Full-time and part-time opportunities available. With 60 miles of pristine beaches, collaborative colleagues and unrivaled opportunity, you’ll discover why this place is good medicine for you and your family.
- Competitive salary plus wRVU production incentive
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional benefits and retirement plan
- CME allowance
- Public service loan forgiveness-eligible employer
- Full-time inpatient/outpatient practice opportunity due to volume growth
- Well-respected, established oncology program with seven hematologists/oncologists, two breast surgeons and two radiation oncologists
- Two acute-care hospitals and three outpatient practices, with plans for a fourth outpatient location
- Excellent clinical support with a dedicated MA, LPN and nurse navigator for each physician, as well as an employed hospitalist service for admissions
- Modern facilities, including two linear accelerators, 3T MRI and 3D mammography; 340b pharmacy services, laboratory services and infusion services at each site; and a lymphedema clinic
- Full specialty support for referrals, including a tertiary relationship with MUSC Health, South Carolina’s academic medical center
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer and the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers
- A member of the MUSC Hollings Cancer Network, South Carolina’s only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center
- Dedicated marketing and outreach to support your success
- Epic go-live March 2024
- Independent, not-for-profit community health system
- Local, volunteer board of trustees that is nearly 30 percent comprised of physicians
- Dyad physician/administrative leadership
- Inclusive environment where diversity is championed
- Rated one of the nation’s Top 150 places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review
Make a difference.
- Significant need for additional physicians in the nation’s fastest-growing area, with an additional 275,000 residents projected by 2040 for a total service population of 600,000
- Progressive community health system where physicians have the opportunity to fully use their skills and training
- Diverse medical staff that celebrates different perspectives in the pursuit of health equity
- Not-for-profit health system that reinvests in community well-being, delivering more than $60 million in community benefit annually
Grow with us.
- Largest regional health care provider, with two acute-care hospitals, two inpatient rehabilitation hospitals and more than 60 outpatient locations
- Region’s exclusive affiliate of MUSC Health, South Carolina’s academic medical center
- Additional acute-care hospital, inpatient rehabilitation hospital and extended care hospital approved and in development
- One of the Top 20 places to lives in the United States, as ranked by US News & World Report
- Unparalleled beaches, marshes and rivers along the Atlantic coast
- Expansive entertainment and attractions, including more than 90 golf courses in the “Golf Capital of the World”
- Nearly 1,000 restaurants offering virtually every kind of cuisine
- International airport with non-stop flights to more than 50 destinations
- Conveniently located just 90 minutes from Charleston, South Carolina - named the No. 1 city in the US by Travel + Leisure
Find a home.
- Cost of living below the national average
- Highly rated public and private schools and a leading university - Coastal Carolina University
- An average 215 days of sunshine each year, with an average temperature of 74 degrees
Don’t postpone your happiness. Find professional and personal fulfillment as you discover why this place is good medicine. Reach out today for immediate consideration.