Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Seeking Candidates for Director of Adult Residency Training Program in Psychiatry
Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, currently seeks board certified psychiatrist to join our growing department and training program. We are seeking qualified candidate for program director for our adult residency training program in Greer, South Carolina. Ideal candidates will be appointed to the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville faculty and work closely with the department chair as we welcome our second class of eight residents in July 2021.
- Candidate must be board certified in psychiatry and demonstrated accomplishments as an educator with leadership experience in academic psychiatry for a minimum of 3 years.
- Must possess or be eligible or license in the state of South Carolina.
- Experience in an outpatient mental health setting, including telepsychiatry services
- Clinical responsibilities in the outpatient setting and consultation-liaison coverage in small hospital
- Academic faculty position working with residents and medical students
- Rich benefits package including relocation, malpractice, health and dental insurance
- CME allowance and competitive compensation
- Direct teaching and training
- Evaluating and supervising residents
- Developing, monitoring, and evaluating didactic courses and rotations
- Facilitating required committees (Residency Education Committee, Clinical Competency, Program Evaluation Committee
- Overseeing and organizing program accreditation processes
Prisma Health is a not-for-profit health company and the largest healthcare system in South Carolina. With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 acute and specialty hospitals, 2,947 beds and more than 300 outpatient sites with nearly 2,000 physicians, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually in its 21-county market area that covers 50% of South Carolina. Prisma Health’s goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals.
Greer is located near Greenville, South Carolina and a beautiful place to live and work and the Prisma Health - Upstate catchment area is 1.3 million people. Greenville is located on the I-85 corridor between Atlanta and Charlotte, and is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. Ideally situated near beautiful mountains, lakes and beaches, we enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.
*Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program Qualified Employer*
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to: Lexy Mason, Physician Recruiter,
Prisma Health is an equal opportunity employer which proudly values diversity.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.