Outpatient/Inpatient Neurologist Opportunity - Farmville, VA
- Neurology residency
- Board eligible
- Ability to manage new patients and established patients, procedures like Botox, nerve blocks, and trigger point injections.
- Ability to interpret long term EEGs, preferred but not required
- Could have fellowship training in any subspecialty
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
- One week/weekend of inpatient call per month
- 3 Neurosurgeons
- 5 Neurologists
- 6 Advanced practice providers
Neurology Program Details:
- Medical ICU with Intensivist coverage, though not 24/7
- Plans for Tele-ICU coverage within the next year to cover the ICU 24/7/365
- Part-time EEG monitoring
- Consult service
- Average of 4-5 inpatient encounters per day along with stroke call duties for Southside Community Hospital from 8am-5pm.
- All night and weekend stroke call is covered by a tele stroke service.
- 8-10 outpatient visits per day when combined with inpatient duties.
- Outpatient clinic covers general neurology practice including headache, stroke, seizures, cognitive disorders, MS, & movement disorders.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- $20k in upfront bonuses
- Up to $100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10k in relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME Allowance
- Matching 403(b) (100% match up to 3%)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental options
- Malpractice insurance covered
- 224 hours of allowable time off
About Centra Medical Group:
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 4 long-term care facilities, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you’ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today’s healthcare marketplace. Our providers at Centra are part of Archetype Health, an ACO that delivers value-based care to our Medicare patients and populations. With the success of Archetype Health, our patients are receiving high quality care and our providers are being incentivized. Explore your exciting options with Centra Medical Group!
About CMG Neurosciences:
The CMG Neurosciences division has grown significantly in the past several years to include specialized Epilepsy services complete with epilepsy monitoring unit, neurodiagnostics and research, stroke and neurovascular services and development of a comprehensive headache center, as well as treating concussions. CMG Neurosciences has also developed a movement disorders program along with a dedicated MS Clinic to address the specific needs of these patients. This will include the development of a robust DBS program including surgical options and medical management of DBS devices. The department has 3 full time neurosurgeons trained in spine, complex spine, and vascular neurosurgery. Within the neurovascular services, the team offers a full range of clinical capability from endovascular procedures to open cerebrovascular procedures addressing AVMs, aneurysms, and tumors. Finally, the department has begun to dedicate resources to the development of research within the Neurosciences department; these efforts will continue to expand with the addition of the MS clinic and the Movement Disorders program as well as with the expansion and interest of the providers who join the team.
Lifestyle and Community:
Farmville is a vibrant and growing small town located in the heart of Virginia. Two reputable universities, Longwood and Hampden Sydney, bring culture and arts to the area and the 31 mile long High Bridge Trail offers great walking and cycling (new single track trails added) opportunities and is accessible right in the busy historic shopping district. Gorgeous countryside, rich history, good restaurants, a brewery, a hip updated hotel with rooftop bar, and a wine tasting room round out the fun. Richmond, Charlottesville, and Lynchburg are all between a 45 and 75 minute drive.