IU Health is hiring! Join our compassionate Hospitalist team at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital in Muncie, IN! We are seeking a patient-focused Hospitalist to collaborate with our highly skilled teams.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- 100% inpatient
- Patient volume: 17 per day
- Nocturnist coverage in place
- Procedures and codes are not mandatory
- Teaching opportunities with medical students in residents on rotation
- Take calls from units and new admissions from emergency department or as direct admit
- Average admissions:
two per day with advanced provider assistance
- Perform direct patient care with strong subspecialist support
- Services include hospital admissions, consultations, and cross coverage
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine of Family Medicine (ABIM/ABFM)
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
- Visa sponsorship available for H1B and 2022 J1 candidates
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await at Indiana University Health Ball Memorial.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. We've introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City and given consumers choices in their healthcare.
IU Health Ball Memorial is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties.
Most recently, the new, patient-centric 5 story south wing was unveiled. The $120 million facility includes 300,000 square feet of new and revitalized space, including 108 all-private patient rooms.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
The hospital campus is home to The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center and includes the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school. The clinics provide low cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
Multiple CARF Accreditations: The Physical Rehabilitation Center at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has received a three-year accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, representing the ninth consecutive three year accreditation IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has received from the international accrediting body. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital also received a three-year Stroke Specialty Program accreditation from CARF. (Awarded 2010)
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital honored with two VHA awards: IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital received a pair of Volunteer Hospital Association awards recognizing clinical excellence. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the recipient of PEAK (Performance, Excellence, Achievement and Knowledge) Awards for Performance, in the categories of Patient Safety-Critical Care and Clinical Quality. (Awarded 2010)
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians includes primary care, medical specialties, surgical specialists, and women’s health. The physician group is part of the larger Indiana University Health System. The physicians, advanced providers, and staff are committed to providing patient-focused, quality care at convenient locations throughout East Central Indiana.
Enjoy an affordable cost of living in Muncie, Indiana, while taking advantage of the many world-class amenities this community has to offer. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University, offering exceptional education, collegiate sports and entertainment
- Arts and culture for all ages at the Muncie Civic Theatre, Minnetrista Cultural Center, Oakhurst Gardens and the Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Family-friendly activities at the Museum of Art, Muncie Children's Museum, Planetarium, and the National Model Aviation Musuem (one of the country's largest)
- Outdoor recreation includes boating, fishing and camping at the Prairie Creek Reservoir, hop on the state's largest longest span of recreational trails on the Cardinal Greenway, and golf amongst the champions at the Crestview Golf Club
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine, and outdoor music and food festivals
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities for the community's dedication to civic engagement and innovation
- Quick drive to Indianapolis and the suburbs of Fishers and Noblesville, Chicago and Cincinnati