Methodist Physician Practices is seeking an experienced pediatric congenital cardiac surgeon to join their team for a rapidly growing congenital heart program at Methodist Children’s Hospital in San Antonio, TX.
- Board certified in cardiothoracic surgery and congenital heart surgery
- Vast experience with neonatal surgery
- 2+ years of experience required
- Demonstrated exceptional surgical and interpersonal skills; proven success in a collaborative environment
- Highly competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Relocation assistance
- Immediate patient and referral base
About Methodist Children’s Hospital & Methodist Healthcare System:
- 202-bed facility with seven operating suites
- 94 NICU beds and a 17-bed pediatric intensive care unti
- Largest congenital heart program in San Antonio for pediatrics and adults
- Congenital heart program enjoys an extensive catchment area and rapidly growing referral base in South and West Texas, with 40% of volume neonates
- First Level IV NICU in San Antonio and one of the largest in the region
- First pediatric aortic heart valve procedure in Texas
- Methodist Healthcare System is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries, South Texas’ largest non-public funding source of community health care, contributing $976 million since 1995; and HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. Methodist Children’s Hospital is one of the system’s nine acute care hospitals.
San Antonio is home to 2.5 million people and is experiencing solid economic growth in industries such as bioscience and healthcare, aerospace, IT and cybersecurity and green technologies. San Antonio's MSA is expected to add up to 1.1 million new residents and 500,000 new jobs by 2040. This growing city offers big-city amenities and world-renowned attractions coupled with a relaxed and inviting atmosphere for all ages. San Antonio residents also enjoy a cost of living slightly below the national average due to lower housing costs, as well as no state income tax.