First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking to employ three (3) full-time OB Hospitalists for the highly desirable area of Venice, Florida due to the opening of a new state-of-the-art hospital. We are located approximately 60 minutes south of Tampa and 1.5 hours north of Ft. Myers on the West Coast of Florida.
In November 2021, SMHCS will open a new 110-bed acute-care hospital in Venice, Florida. The hospital has already received approval to grow the new hospital to 300 beds in the near future.
This new facility will have 10 LDRPs, 2 C-Section ORs, and 4 triage beds. The hospital will have 6 ORs and 2 daVinci Robots. It will be a Level 1 nursery accepting patients who are 35+ weeks. For those patients needing a higher level of care, they will be transferred to Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital is an award-winning full-service health system with 839 beds and specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many nationally recognized programs. It is the only hospital providing Level II Trauma, obstetrical services, a 25 bed Pediatric Unit, and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Sarasota County.
Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida and one of just 52 across the nation to maintain their top rating since 2016. It has been named among the Top 100 Hospitals in US, the top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in US in 2021, and it received an "A" Grade for Patient Safety in 2020. Additionally, it has been named a U.S. News High Performer in 2020-2021 and recently was named one of the world's best hospitals by Newsweek Magazine. SMH was one of 13 hospitals in Florida to make the list.
The Level III NICU at the Main Campus of Sarasota Memorial has 33 private rooms. The hospital has neonatologists on site 24/7 and Maternal Fetal Medicine coverage. The Mother Baby unit holds 28 beds and Labor & Delivery has 14 spacious suites, 3 C-section Operating Rooms and a 4-bed recovery area. The hospital also has a 7-bed OB ECC and triage unit near the Emergency Room. The hospital performed 4,118 deliveries in 2019, and we have 4 daVinci robots accessible to our surgeons. Group employs two MFMs. They provide coverage 24/7.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hospital-based position working eight (8) shifts per month (96 shifts per year) at both the SMH Venice Hospital and SMH Main Campus. Shifts are 24 hours.
- Full-time only positions are available.
- Will perform deliveries including C-Sections and Gynecologic surgeries/procedures and consults.
- Evaluates and manages high-risk obstetrics patients.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as part of the shift requirement.
- A Board-Certified OB/GYN is required with 5+ years of experience.
- Licensed in Florida and holds a current DEA Certificate.
- Graduate of an ACGME accredited OB/GYN program.
- A 2-year employment contract with auto renewal and a generous guaranteed salary. Competitive rates for additional shifts.
- Comprehensive benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, CME, and many other perks.
- Relocation allowance will be provided.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity. Physicians employed by First Physicians Group do NOT have to pay for tail coverage should they leave the practice.
- We are a not-for-profit entity - 501(c)(3). Physicians can participate in the PSLF Program if employed by FPG.
Please contact Joelle Hennesey, Sr. Manager, Physician Services, for more information about the opportunity.